• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LFCPFS vs EXPRESS

dapaterson said:
There's some info out on the PSP side about the research; my understanding is that they are doing the final testing now to gather the data needed. 

Project FORCE Phase 3 testing is underway for the next three weeks here in the NCR.  The target audience this time is females 40+ and males 50+ of any shape, size and fitness level in order to fully validate the test within all age groups. (I am a guinea pig for Phase 3)  the aim is to have the new fitness standards and testing methodology in place by April 2013, I believe.

DAA said:
Goes something like this "I really don't care if you just did a BFT at your old unit, around here we do Expres Testing on an annual basis, so we expect it to be done by 31 Dec."    ::)

Which also doesn't make sense to me. I've only had to have my fitness done by 31 Mar, the fiscal/PER year end.

ModlrMike said:
Which also doesn't make sense to me. I've only had to have my fitness done by 31 Mar, the fiscal/PER year end.

I believe this is because of an order (can't remember which one at the moment) that says all testing should be complete by 31 Dec of the year, so that pers who fail still have time by end of fiscal year.

After searching the DAODs and QR&Os I believe it was either a CFAO, or some other intranet only pub. I'll do a it of research on Monday at work.

Or you know I could just be crazy about what I read. Haha.

Char1991 said:
I believe this is because of an order (can't remember which one at the moment) that says all testing should be complete by 31 Dec of the year, so that pers who fail still have time by end of fiscal year.

After searching the DAODs and QR&Os I believe it was either a CFAO, or some other intranet only pub. I'll do a it of research on Monday at work.

Or you know I could just be crazy about what I read. Haha.

Couldn't edit my original post, so here's what I found; CANFORGEN 066/07.  Contents are below.

CANFORGEN 066/07 CMP 027/07 101753Z APR 07
PHYSICAL FITNESS EVALUATION PROTOCOL CHANGES
UNCLASSIFIED
REFS: A. CANFORGEN 002/07 CDS DIRECTION FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS 2007 </vcds-exec/pubs/canforgen/2007/002-07_e.asp>
B. CDS GUIDANCE TO COMMANDING OFFICERS/CHAPTER 22
1.      AT REFS A AND B THE CDS ANNOUNCED HIS INTENT TO REINVIGORATE OUR MILITARY CULTURE OF FITNESS AND TO PUBLISH A CAMPAIGN PLAN TO ACHIEVE THIS OBJECTIVE. WHILE THE CAMPAIGN PLAN WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY, THERE ARE A NUMBER OF EVALUATION PROTOCOL CHANGES THAT WILL COME INTO EFFECT 1 APRIL 2007, TO COINCIDE WITH THE BEGINNING OF THE 07/08 FITNESS EVALUATION YEAR. THESE CHANGES ARE DESIGNED TO IMPROVE THE EVALUATION PROCESS AND EMPHASIZE THE ADVANTAGES OF GROUP/UNIT EVALUATIONS IAW THE CDS GUIDANCE AT REF B. THE CHANGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
2.      THE 20 METER SHUTTLE RUN (20 MSR) WILL BECOME THE AEROBIC FITNESS EVALUATION PROTOCOL FOR ALL CF PERSONNEL SUBJECT TO CF EXPRES. THE STEP TEST WILL ONLY BE OFFERED TO PERSONNEL IN RECEIPT OF A MEDICAL OFFICERS EXCEPTION FROM THE 20 MSR
3.      THE SURG GEN HAS APPROVED NEW BLOOD PRESSURE CEILINGS FOR EXPRES. THE CURRENT 140/90 MM HG (SYSTOLIC/DIASTOLIC) WILL BECOME 150/100 MM HG
4.      THE PRACTICE OF INDIVIDUAL EXPRES EVALUATIONS WILL BE DISCOURAGED IN FAVOUR OF GROUP/UNIT AND SUB/UNIT EXPRES EVALUATIONS
5.      UNIT GROUP FITNESS EVALUATIONS WILL BE FOCUSED ON THE MIDDLE TWO QUARTERS OF THE FITNESS EVALUATION YEAR (JUL-DEC) ALLOWING TRAINING PROGRAMS IN THE FIRST QUARTER AND REMEDIAL TRAINING DURING THE LAST QUARTER. ALL CF PERSONNEL SHOULD HAVE THEIR INITIAL FITNESS EVALUATION COMPLETED BY 31 DEC OF EACH YEAR
6.      IN CONCLUSION, WHILE THESE MEASURES FOCUS ON FITNESS EVALUATION IMPROVEMENTS, THE THRUST OF OUR EFFORTS MUST CONTINUE TO CENTER ON REGULAR PARTICIPATION IN EFFECTIVE FITNESS PROGRAMS COMPLEMENTED BY HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHOICES

DAA said:
Thanks.  I reviewed the ACO and it actually makes sense.  We just need people to follow it.  Far too many times I see people arriving on a Wing from an Army Unit who are told to get an Expres Test even though their LFCPFS results are still valid.  Goes something like this "I really don't care if you just did a BFT at your old unit, around here we do Expres Testing on an annual basis, so we expect it to be done by 31 Dec."    ::)

And this happens in Army units: completing your BFT with Unit X, then posted to Unit Y and told  to do the BFT. When it was pointed out that the BFT had been done and documented, we were told "it doesn't count. You didn't do it with us"

Back