• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

That's the opinion you formed after watching this YT video for 60 seconds?

Yup. Don't know why it took so long, must be slowing down in my old age.

You’ll never get a second chance to make a great first impression.” We’ve all heard that an interviewer, or a stranger at a party, will form an impression of you, your character, your personality — an impression that is nearly indelible — all within the first 60 seconds of meeting you.

Or wait, is it 30 seconds? Twenty?

Two or three?

Forget whatever figure you may have heard. Not to intimidate you, if you happen to be preparing for a job or grad school interview, or a blind date, but new research shows that you may need to have your act together in the blink of an eye.

A series of experiments by Princeton psychologists Janine Willis and Alexander Todorov reveal that all it takes is a tenth of a second to form an impression of a stranger from their face, and that longer exposures don’t significantly alter those impressions (although they might boost your confidence in your judgments). Their research is presented in their article “First Impressions,” in the July issue of Psychological Science.

That's the opinion you formed after watching this YT video for 60 seconds?
Nah, just watch his interview with Andrew Neil on BBC.

I’ll give him credit at least for admitting he was destroyed by Neil during that one.

Most of these social media guys like Shapiro, Peterson, Walsh etc put themselves up against students but when faced with more sophisticated debaters they tend to get taken down a notch.

Nah, just watch his interview with Andrew Neil on BBC.

I’ll give him credit at least for admitting he was destroyed by Neil during that one.

Most of these social media guys like Shapiro, Peterson, Walsh etc put themselves up against students but when faced with more sophisticated debaters they tend to get taken down a notch.

I nearly forgot about that one.

I nearly forgot about that one.
That's interesting. He alleges he left Bribart in support of a female reporter who was physically assaulted and accused of lying about it. The company threw her under the bus.

Bribart sounds like the CAF, minus people quitting in support.

I’ll preface that I think Ben Shapiro is “confidently incorrect” in most of his views.

But after a taste of his own medicine, I think he’s not going to be returning to that panel anytime soon.

Yeah... If you watched that and sided with guy who never shut up, you're hard left. Like, not "balanced", not "nuanced", full on hard left.

Dude essentially called a jew wearing a kippah a nazi...

That was a pretty trash way to to disparage or dispute Ben Shapiro, even for a "right " leaning dude who doesn't like Ben Shapiro's debating style...

I’ll preface that I think Ben Shapiro is “confidently incorrect” in most of his views.

But after a taste of his own medicine, I think he’s not going to be returning to that panel anytime soon.
He did say at the end of the panel that he would. If you watch the whole thing it’s actually mostly cordial except for that and maybe one more interaction.

I generally like a lot of the Jubilee conversations and formats. There is a reason a lot conservatives appear on it because it does allow for dialogue beyond the echo chambers. There is the 25 v 1, or 4v4 and even just two reasonable opposing people looking for middle ground.

However, don’t be fooled by the “students” thing. A lot of those students are mid level social media pundits/commentators with their own rising following and these panels and shows give them more clout to grow their base. Same goes when a leftist/democrat is in the hot seat facing 25 republicans.

And yes, they can get pregnant.
That's a cornerstone of Ben's belief (that they can't get pregnant) so it's not likely you'll see eye to eye on many trans issues.

As for not doing that again anytime soon I'd disagree there. Ben can charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for speaking engagements. If he charged $150K for that particular one then just doing some napkin math he could have made $6000ish just for that 4 and a half minute video you posted.

He's monetized people wanting to tell him he's wrong, just like Jordan Peterson.

That's a cornerstone of Ben's belief (that they can't get pregnant) so it's not likely you'll see eye to eye on many trans issues.
Oh, I don’t see eye-to-eye with him on very many issues at all.

As for not doing that again anytime soon I'd disagree there. Ben can charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for speaking engagements. If he charged $150K for that particular one then just doing some napkin math he could have made $6000ish just for that 4 and a half minute video you posted.

He's monetized people wanting to tell him he's wrong, just like Jordan Peterson.
Maybe it’s just me, but being paid (even very well) for folks to hate you isn’t my idea of a good career.

I would be super-conflicted if I was a kippah-wearing Jewish person, and my “side” included folks who were of the same political slant as the folks carrying torches at Charlottesville - money or no.

I would be super-conflicted if I was a kippah-wearing Jewish person, and my “side” included folks who were of the same political slant as the folks carrying torches at Charlottesville - money or no.
You'd be screwed either way, because the other "side" includes folks of the same political slant as Hamas, Hezbollah, etc.

You'd be screwed either way, because the other "side" includes folks of the same political slant as Hamas, Hezbollah, etc.
Absolutely. But I find it’s doubly ironic that this is in the US, where the public opinion is pretty set (at least publicly) on WWII.

Back