• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living out on SLT

• Thread starter Thread starter maniac779
  • Start date Start date
M

maniac779

I'm currently at the language school in St. Jean until Mar 2007 and I am thinking of living outside of the mega, possibly in Montreal. Has anyone ever done this and can give some opinions/thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Montreal?!  You are crazy... Do you know how long it takes to get from one end of the bridge/tunnel to the other on the morning??

Max

maniac779 said:
I'm currently at the language school in St. Jean until Mar 2007 and I am thinking of living outside of the mega, possibly in Montreal. Has anyone ever done this and can give some opinions/thoughts on it?

Thanks!

West Side Downtown Montreal to the MEGA is a 30 minute drive for sure, that's with no traffic. If you're willing to put up with that go for it. You shouldn't have much traffic in the morning (everyone is going the other way), or in the evening either. Don't forget about commutes in winter though, they could be much longer and trickier. You better have a reliable car with good snow tires. On the other hand living in Montreal is a blast, there will be a hell of a lot more to do than St-Jean that's for sure.

Done it.  In fact I'm leaving for Gagetown in about 2 weeks if you want to take over my apartment.  The drive takes between 35-40 minutes most days, a bit longer on the way back because you'll catch a bit of traffic on the pont champlain.  I don't regret my decision at all, I met a cute french girl and had a blast.  You can run up the mountain instead of around the base, which is both more interesting and better exercise.  Tons to do in Montreal of course though it's a lot quieter over the winter.  You do have to be a bit more disciplined to get up earlier for the drive (I had mandatory ruck marches wednesdays at 5:45am this summer, meaning I was getting up around 4:30am), but then again it's the army innit?  In fact I get a bit irked when I hear people complaining about Quebec all the time, it's completely what you make of it.

If you're interested in the nuts and bolts of actually doing this, message me and we'll grab a coffee after class or something.  Sans problem mon ami! ;D

Back