• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Long rave about the army (or entire military)

Bill have you checked out the DND website? Follow the Army link once there, and you‘ll find an LFRR link. There is a good discussion board regarding LFRR. There are some interesting discussion occuring with input from everyone from civie, recruits to LCols.
www.dnd.ca/eng/index.html

Bill,
I think the idea of the Reserves running CFRS‘s has merit. Where I see the problem is getting passed the Reg force mentallity that reserves are second rate and not worthy. They would likely require all the new instructor staff to take a redesigned (by them) CLC course, taught by them, no matter your rank. They would likely disguise it as, and call it a Standards course(only about 10- weeks long). The other problem would be the pressure brought onto the new recruits leaving basic for their new Units. Until these pers become the majority of the military, they will be stigmatized by their Reg force peers as not meeting the standard because they came through THAT RESERVE COURSE. For all the talk, and no matter how much the Reserve fills the gaps for the Regs or otherwise prove themselves time and again, the Regs don‘t trust them and seldom let the chance to ridicule them, for one thing or another, pass by. Other than the above, and your stepping on Reg force empire building plans, yeah, no problem. Except if they were teaching in CFRS, who‘d beef up the Regs for rotos ;)

Hey everyone I know this is an old thread but it was to tempting to resist. I have to agree with schwerpunkt (Hey Boss), regardless of our circumstances as leaders (making a big assumption here) our troops depend on us and are looking for leadership and training from us. I‘m new to my appointment and as such have been recently exposed to whole world of information that I was previously not privy to...things like budget, lack of resources, LFRR, ARE, and other institutional changes. As a senior nco I am to be familiar with this stuff so that I can provide input to my peers and superiors. The fact that the news has tended to be all bad means just one thing: suck it up, ruck up , and carry on. I don‘t pass my dissapointments with our shrinking budgets and timeframes with my soldiers...my job is to train them for war (whether we will see it or not). And I do the best I can with the tools that are given me. No training event is "boring" a little creativity (remember ICEPAC anyone?) can make the driest of lectures exciting and even fun. Motivated leadership is the key.
My two cents.

For everybody‘s info, there are reservists teaching at CFLRS at this moment. Apart from the normal pre-requisite of being qual‘d JLC, all they had to do was follow the GMTI (General Military Training Instr)course, like all reg F pers, regardless of background. And some of them are doing very good... better than some of the permanent staff. Someone who spent 17 years tightening bolts on an airframe in a hangar, or painting the hull of a ship, does not feel at home in the field, or doing drill, or just about anything military for that matter. :sniper:

Back