• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking to become a med tech....Yes I have searched....

Insignia

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay so I have searched the forums for some input on life as a med tech in the Canadian Forces and found a lot of thread indicating that people were often spending a few years waiting for the completion of their training and courses.  Now has that changed much?  I was in a recruiting center yesterday and did my medical, interview, and CFAT and the recruiter pretty much offered me a med tech position as she said they were quite desperate for this fiscal year.

Now I am curious as I have an undergrad degree in Biochemistry and the original plan was becoming an Officer in the Air Navigator dicipline, but my interviewer was strongly trying to sway me towards the med tech position.  It has never been about the money for me so the salary difference from an officer position and NCM does not matter to me.  I worked a paramedic one summer as a student and I absolutely loved it and she said the if I liked that I would like being a med tech.  However reading some of the posts on here makes it seem that med techs are a lot more than paramedics, which is understandable as with ANY job there is always more that meets the eye. She mentioned that there was a large room for advancement and whatnot and am curious to how true this is. 

If anyone that is currently in a med tech position could add some input that would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks! 

Did you read this

http://army.ca/forums/threads/18369.0.html

or this

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/49766.0.html

As for the other question about waiting for completion of training/courses etc. expect that nothing has changed that much WRT to that situation, as you don't just wave a magic wand or make some announcement at press conference and suddenly change all the ills that plague the training system.

I don't think you search very hard as there are quite a few threads discussing the job description of a reg medic.

Back