• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lt.Col. Hartley Ernest Chater OBE.MSM

M

McIntosh

I am attempting to assist a family historian in England find the date of death and location of LT. Col. Chater.

He was born in Toronto of Feb. 25, 1903. He married Blanch Lillian Leonard in Kingston on May 24, 1920. In 1939 he was living at 21 Hickory St. (Toronto?)

I have checked with the Ont. Archives but a search from 1955 to the present is quite expensive.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Do you know what regiment he served in WWII?

Did he stay enlisted after the war?

Any other information would be helpful.

:cdn:

Thanks for responding to my request.

Lt. Col. Chater enlisted in April 1919 and remained with the forces until 1949. The information that I was given was that he died some time after 1955.

I don‘t know his regiment but I will try to get that information.

Being a career soldier and being active during WWII he may have stayed in contact with his war buddies through the Legion. They have a magazine if you contact the editing staff they could post the same request you have here. Plus if he was in until 1949 that‘s 30 years of service. If you find his regiment they usually have websites that have forums also. It‘s a long shot but it‘s worth a try.

Here is a link to the editor of the Legion Magazine
editor@legionmagazine.com
Good luck :cdn:

Back