• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lt. Turner, Cpl. Dinning, Bdr. Mansell, and Cpl. Payne Killed- April/ 21/ 2006

Well CBC Newsworld confirms that the CDS has released the name of the 4th soldier. But I will not post it out of respect for the family.

RIP peace guys, Hopefully we will see less guys get injured over there

I went to High School with Matt. He played on the Rugby team, and was a very cool person. Matt and I met up a couple times when I was posted to Petawawa. We would joke and tell stories and reminisce about highschool and talk about how different the military is from Civilian life. I'm a civilian myself now, but it doesn't lessen the sense of brotherhood I feel. It's one fellow soldier and friend that isn't there anymore. He was an amazing person as well as a great MP... Rest now, Matt.

Raise a beer to Matt and his comrades tonight. I know I will.

- Pte(ret.) RMG Hopkins
O Coy, 3 RCR Petawawa
Pro Patria.

Nfld_Sapper said:
Well CBC Newsworld confirms that the CDS has released the name of the 4th soldier. But I will not post it out of respect for the family.

Well done.  Thanks.  :salute:

33 guests are viewing this topic.  Please, a reminder to all: Keep it professional.

Garvin out.

I knew Bill Turner when he joined the 11th Field Regiment in Guelph during the early 1990's.  He was the epitome of decency and an all round nice guy and it really angers me that this happened to him.  I guess it really is as described by Farley Mowat in "The Regiment":  If it's your time, the bullet with your name on it will chase you through the door, around the corner, and under the table to get you.  We all know that when you wear the funny green suit you take your chances, but it still hit close to home to turn on the TV this morning and see his picture. 

UBIQUE   

My sincerest condolences.

Bless these souls; provide comfort and rest to their survivors.

I let you know what kind of a man BDR Mansell was.

He taught on my Basic. I'll never forget him as my 2IC throwing boots across the room, flipping my bed when it was perfect, and handing out a laugh on the FTX's.

He was not only a soldier.  He was more of a brother.  A part of the family that everyone needs.  His cheery face always brought happiness to even the roughest of times.  He was one of a kind.

He went over to Afghanistan hoping to contribute to the effort and to protect those he holds nearest to him at home.  Nothing would come in the way of the enemy, and his friends and family.  He wouldn't let anything happen to us.

BDR Mansell, 5th Field will never be the same without you brother.  This day will be remembered by all of us. 

UBIQUE!!!

Pte. Hopkins 5th BC Field Regiment Royal Canadian Artillery.

My sincerest condolences to the family and friends of the fallen. We are a better country because of these fine men.  :cdn:

The name of the fourth soldier has now been released by DND...

My condolences and prayers go out to the families of those fallen.

May they rest in peace and not be forgotten. ++++

Ubique.

Sapper6  :cdn:

all I can say is I wish I was home with my buddies from 5 tribe right now. Manny you did well in life, its a shame you cant carry on with your goals and dreams.

Thanks for your condolences on this web site.

My son, Randy Payne, was the fourth victim in the tragedy today.

We didn't publish his name until all of the family was notified.

We thank you very much for your support.

David R. Payne
VRI

Back