• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May 5th BMOQ

moshey said:
Hi everyone.
I am going on May 5th as Signal Officer (DEO). Does anyone know after August 15th  When is next training, I know we donot know exaxt date yet, But if someone has any idea , how much time off we get  after BMOQ until next training, Can we take our family with us to Gagetown?

Your trade training schedule is dependent on when courses are offered for it. For example, I'm an AEC, after basic the next AEC trade course doesn't start until Jan 09 (so I'm told from my CFRC), so I'll be on OJT/PAT (whatever the acronym de jour is) for 4 months until the course starts, then I'll be transfered to Conrwall. My cousin who's a long range sniper (artillery) went directly from basic to Gagetown to start his trade training.. as you can see if varies from trade to trade. To quote my recruiting officer when I asked the same question, "You're thinking WAAYY too far ahead, just concentrate on completing basic then worry about the rest."

Hope that helps .. BTW there's a facebook group for this course, you should join it.

I just spoke with my recruiting officer here in Kitchener.

I had been counting on May 5 BMOQ, but he said the English BMOQ has been cancelled, and offered me the french version instead.  My french skills are barely adequate, so I declined.

I'll be going to BMOQ in August instead, and I have been enrolled as an OCdt starting on May 5. I'll be either putting in 9-5 hours at the recruiting office, or doing an OPME and a fitness regimen on my own time.

Either way, my swearing in ceremony is this Friday! I'm happy to see things finally moving... there was an issue of lost paperwork that prevented me from starting back in January, so it's nice to have a resolution now. I'm in as DEO Artillery Officer.

-Ryan

Surname: Lau
Trade: Armoured Officer (DEO)

Taking a leave of absence from Costco so I can see my folks before BMOQ. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

rytel said:
I just spoke with my recruiting officer here in Kitchener.

I had been counting on May 5 BMOQ, but he said the English BMOQ has been cancelled, and offered me the french version instead.  My french skills are barely adequate, so I declined.

I'll be going to BMOQ in August instead, and I have been enrolled as an OCdt starting on May 5. I'll be either putting in 9-5 hours at the recruiting office, or doing an OPME and a fitness regimen on my own time.

Either way, my swearing in ceremony is this Friday! I'm happy to see things finally moving... there was an issue of lost paperwork that prevented me from starting back in January, so it's nice to have a resolution now. I'm in as DEO Artillery Officer.

-Ryan

I was just told this by a friend of mine who's DEO as well. Is there any info on whether this applies to ROTP guys? I'm in my 3rd year and was supposed to be doing BMOQ on my summer before 4th year... I guess I'll find out tomorrow or whenever I get a chance to go.

The English BMOQ has not been cancelled just greatly reduced. There are some ROTP still going on the 5 May BMOQ. Check with your recruiting centre. This info is new so they may have to ask around to get the clear answer. There are different options being discussed and the CFRC's are working hard to mitigate the reduction. 

CFR FCS said:
The English BMOQ has not been cancelled just greatly reduced. There are some ROTP still going on the 5 May BMOQ. Check with your recruiting centre. This info is new so they may have to ask around to get the clear answer. There are different options being discussed and the CFRC's are working hard to mitigate the reduction. 

CFR FCS, thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: I've spoken with my file officer this morning and I'm still a go for 5 May BMOQ!

I am one of the unlucky few who have been removed from this BMOQ. Its just another delay, should be used to it by now.

On the flip side they told me they'll find work for me untill my bmoq in August. Hopefully I get some of my on the job training for AEC out of the way.

gryphonv said:
I am one of the unlucky few who have been removed from this BMOQ. Its just another delay, should be used to it by now.

On the flip side they told me they'll find work for me untill my bmoq in August. Hopefully I get some of my on the job training for AEC out of the way.

Thats too bad Lindsay.. are you still being sworn in on Monday?

Well I called today to ask if they had confirmed my course date. Earlier when they gave me my job offer they told me BMOQ this summer, but then today they told me that they don't know when my course will be. I wish I knew if I had to apply for some summer semester classes or not haha. Any ROTP people here that have been given their course date for this summer?

Intelligent Design said:
Well I called today to ask if they had confirmed my course date. Earlier when they gave me my job offer they told me BMOQ this summer, but then today they told me that they don't know when my course will be. I wish I knew if I had to apply for some summer semester classes or not haha. Any ROTP people here that have been given their course date for this summer?

I called today and they said they're still figuring it out for people in ROTP. They told me to wait til I get my aircrew medicals back for a confirmation on BMOQ (even though I already have confirmed BMOQ based on passing aircrew, which I did so far minus the medicals).

Just called the recruiting center and I guess the May 5th has been canceled (at least for me) and I will either:

1. Start OJT (On the job training) May 5th, until the next BMOQ opens up; or
2. Possibly go to BMOQ in Esquimalt,BC in April

Either way, I'm excited.

MolsonCDN said:
2. Possibly go to BMOQ in Esquimalt,BC in April

My recruiting office mentioned something about a course for reserves at Esquimalt as well. But I don't have high hopes it will "eventuate".

Btw, what would we be doing at the recruiting center? Any ideas?

I had my swear-in ceremony today and I'm still a go for May 5th.  I was so excited and nervous. So much so that I forgot to ask what I said I would do a week ago. It was not until I got home from the ceremony and got a call from my file manager telling me that I'm entitled for the Eng O Recruiting Allowance when I remembered. He didn't know about it until today. That was a surprising news.

Anyways, sorry to hear that some you had your start date postponed. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to serve with you at one point or another. Good luck!

js25 said:
Btw, what would we be doing at the recruiting center? Any ideas?

If placed in the recruiting centre for 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, you could be doing:

- miscellaneous office work as directed
- online OPME course that you'll require for promotions later on anyway
- taking off for a few hours a day to exercise

or any combination of the above.

At my CFRC, they said that it's difficult to bring in OCdt's to do this kind of stuff, as we don't even know how to dress ourselves in uniform properly yet.  The other problem is that most recruiting centres are fairly casual in atmosphere, and they don't want us OCdt's thinking we can be chummy with Captains, Sergeants and Warrant Officers, only to have our heads ripped off once we arrive at BMOQ.  Thus they have to treat us as we'll be treated once there...

At Kitchener CFRC they're hoping that myself and the other DEO in the same situation are left to our own devices, to complete at least one OPME from home, and maintain an exercise program that we have to sign off on daily. I'm also hoping that will be the case, so I can keep my current job until I leave and not have to live off OCdt wages for 6 months.

I received a call from my recruiting centre asking me if I still had accommodations past the month of April. I was only told that a 'rumour' was circulating that some of the 05 May BMOQ people may be delayed due to lack of room. The fact that I was called has led me to believe that it is more than a rumour. I will be calling my recruiting office at the beginning of the week for more information. Anyone have up-to-date intel on this?

Maritimer said:
I received a call from my recruiting centre asking me if I still had accommodations past the month of April. I was only told that a 'rumour' was circulating that some of the 05 May BMOQ people may be delayed due to lack of room. The fact that I was called has led me to believe that it is more than a rumour. I will be calling my recruiting office at the beginning of the week for more information. Anyone have up-to-date intel on this?

Read some of the posts right before yours. I have a DEO friend who's been cut from the May BMOQ and moved to August because of this, I'm hoping I still get to go though.

I'm pretty sure the reason why DEO is being bumped is to make room for the ROTP people. DEO can have courses any time in the year, ROTP can only have courses over the summer since we still go to school. :D

Intelligent Design said:
I'm pretty sure the reason why DEO is being bumped is to make room for the ROTP people. DEO can have courses any time in the year, ROTP can only have courses over the summer since we still go to school. :D

Thankfully, many of us DEO already have decent jobs to stay with while we wait.

It is my understanding that approx. 60 DEO recruits have been affected by this cancellation.  There may still be a remote chance of another course opening up for us in late May, but my money is on August.  Hooray for CAP in November - February!

Back