• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MCpl Jeffrey Scott Walsh 2VP

I knew Jeff just before he joined the Military.  I myself had just completed my basic training and was telling him all about it as we worked together at Co-op. He was a great guy and will be missed. 

My condolences to his family. 

Rest in Peace Jeff.
:cdn: :salute:

Charges laid.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071012/canadian_soldier_071012/20071012?hub=TopStories

Tragic. No matter the outcome of the case MCpl Fraser has to live with the loss of a comrade and thats a life sentence.

It's a terrible situation to face.
Knowing you are responsible for the death of your best friend AND a comrade in arms is a specter that will certainly dog Mcpl Fraser for the rest of his days.

That having been said, should he stand trial.  I say yes, it's gotta be done.

Should he face disiplinary action?  Sure.  I don't know what you can charge a person for resulting in death but there has to be something less extreme then manslaughter.

I don't know what actually happened, but I can't picture anyone benefiting from a trial.  I'm hoping they'll be some sort of plea.  Seeing the how the charge sheet is written would be interesting.  They may have alternative charges.

Of course no one will benefit from the trial.
That's not the point.  For all service offences, there must be a trial. 
The accused will have the oportunity to have his say, it is his right... Because we go thru the trial process, there are limits to what form of punishment (if any) can be attributed and what form of administrative action can be taken

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Should he face disiplinary action?  Sure.  I don't know what you can charge a person for resulting in death but there has to be something less extreme then manslaughter.

Well there's is certainly somewhat of a precedent already set within the CF in this situation. Sadly, involving two good friends of mine, and good friends of each other.

I've got a pic of me & Mike up in my photo gallery; he was killed by an ND on 03 May 1993, in Somalia. Although the laid charges were somewhat different as Tony was charged with (and found guilty of) negligent performance of duty and criminal negligence causing death.

It's truely a tragic situation and my heart goes out to both families.

Back