• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Technician Help

Josh19982018

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there

So I put in my application for the army on the 12th of January. I haven't heard anything back yet, or gotten an email. Is this bad? It's already February 9th, should i call my Local recruitment center to see what's going on? And I had a quick question about Medical technicians. If I were to be accepted and done my training and that, would i get a say in where I go? Cause I read somewhere that you can ask if you can be transferred into a infantry unit, only reason I'm asking is that I'm 50/50 on going for Infantry Soldier and a Medical Technician, and I just want to see if I can somehow do both. Like a combat medic basically.

did you apply online?
if it was online did you get a automated msg after you send the application?
and you can but 3 trades and they will pick one based on like what they need and what your better qualified in

Josh19982018 said:
I read somewhere that you can ask if you can be transferred into a infantry unit, only reason I'm asking is that I'm 50/50 on going for Infantry Soldier and a Medical Technician, and I just want to see if I can somehow do both. Like a combat medic basically.

It is possible but don't hold your breath. 
There is no such thing, technically, as a combat medic. In the reserves you will be a medical assistant. Your scope will be limited by your training through the military and where you are practicing it. There are things you can do overseas that you can't do in Canada in the field. That being said, if you are attached to an infantry unit, you really only get to do "medic" things when they go on exercise once a month. Maybe. There may already be medics tasked for that exercise from another base/field unit, as you will not be needed. Most of your time gets spent reassuring the guys (and girls) that whatever they are concerned about is normal or trying to convince them to go see their family doctor because it is not normal.
The one time they attached medics to a combat arms unit here was when the field amb's number were so low it was not worth having them parades a unit every week, so they attached them to other local units.

Back