• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)

Best of luck to the three of ya!  Remember though, life as a MP isn't all Patrol Cars and NIS...

I have a good friend who will be doing his probably at the same time in Kingston. Good luck to all!

For those of you that are going, or have gone. Is there anything that can be done to prepare? From what I've read on the other threads everything is kept pretty quiet in regards to what goes on there. Does anyone know how many people they are looking to bring on or is it however many are successful? I know over the 2 serials theres about 40 of us going. Sorry....more questions then answers at this point... :p 

Just be yourself and give 100%.  During interactions with the assessors, be 100% truthful.  Also take the opportunity to ask thoughtful questions about the Branch, the assessment should be a two way street, the Branch looking at you and you looking at the Branch.

For numbers being looked for, if you are a suitable candidate there's room.

garb811 said:
Best of luck to the three of ya!  Remember though, life as a MP isn't all Patrol Cars and NIS...

I'll echo garb811's sentiments as well, good luck to the three of you.  Maybe one of you will be lucky enough to get posted to the most glamourous posting of all for MP's..........Winnipeg.

Hello: I know that the MPACs are coming up in the next week for MPs, does anyone know when the assessments will be done for MPOs

thanks

MP 811 said:
I'll echo garb811's sentiments as well, good luck to the three of you.  Maybe one of you will be lucky enough to get posted to the most glamourous posting of all for MP's..........Winnipeg.

And who said the Military Police didn't have a sense of Humor.

Cheers and good luck.

Good luck to everyone leaving for the first serial on the 20th. Maybe I'll be seeing some of you at BMQ!!!

Thanks to all that gave there advice as well!

;D

MP 811 said:

So I am guessing Shilo is better then.?

Dissident said:
[me=Dissident]shudders[/me]

You should have been there in the mid 50's, especially in February, there was only the C Pro C school and the AB FD Bty. and they had a pretty decent Corporals Lounge.

Cheers.

Meh...the best geographical location can be a brutal posting if the people suck and conversely the worst geographical location can be the best if the people are great. 

Cold Lake and Goose Bay have never been all that high up on the vast majority of people's places to be posted yet many, many people who were posted there in the late-80s to mid-90s rave about it and can't wait to tell you all their good times stories about their time there because the morale of the guardhouses was rock solid due to strong leadership and a "team" mentality.  Same goes for the Field Pls, while quite a few people hate every minute, I think most people come out of there with friendships they keep for life and stories they'll tell their grandkids.  Conversely, although I've never been posted there, friends who have been posted to Halifax hated it because the Guardhouse always seemed to have more than its share of morale problems due to petty personal rivalries which poisoned the atmosphere for everyone.

garb811 said:
Meh...the best geographical location can be a brutal posting if the people suck and conversely the worst geographical location can be the best if the people are great. 

Cold Lake and Goose Bay have never been all that high up on the vast majority of people's places to be posted yet many, many people who were posted there in the late-80s to mid-90s rave about it and can't wait to tell you all their good times stories about their time there because the morale of the guardhouses was rock solid due to strong leadership and a "team" mentality.  Same goes for the Field Pls, while quite a few people hate every minute, I think most people come out of there with friendships they keep for life and stories they'll tell their grandkids.  Conversely, although I've never been posted there, friends who have been posted to Halifax hated it because the Guardhouse always seemed to have more than its share of morale problems due to petty personal rivalries which poisoned the atmosphere for everyone.

Agreed, but that argument can only be based on the degree of negatives verses positives, which we'll not argue here.

However, even if I had been Posted and Quartered with Jessica Simpson, I will still retain my opinion of CFB Shilo and Brandon Man.

Cheers.

I think you'll find that with another major unit there now (Shilo) we (the major unit) are more then happy to keep you busy.  lol  ;D

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
I think you'll find that with another major unit there now (Shilo) we (the major unit) are more then happy to keep you busy.  lol   ;D

ya, much to the Det in Winnipeg's utter disapointment!..............lol

MP 811 said:
ya, much to the Det in Winnipeg's utter disapointment!..............lol

Actually, the Artillery Chaps were a pretty decent and orderly group. And like I said, they had a Good Corporals Lounge.

As luck would have, I returned to B Det. Mlt., only to be posted to Valcartier, but even that was better than Shilo.

Cheers.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
We were sorry to disappoint, we really were.

Actually, all joking aside, from what I hear.....you guys wern't all that bad.....

Back