• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military

Travis

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
can anyone help me with my littllee problem.  I frequently get ragged on by people for being in the canadian army....  the same people which say it would be better if we joined america.  Can you give me some good points to hit them with when this topic comes up in the future please :D

You may find some helpful points in the threads listed under Thinking About Joining in the Recruiting FAQ, some discuss overcoming resistance by friends and family:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103974.html#msg103974

Basically, you will likely find that their opinions are based on a poor understanding of the military and its roles. You will do better in the long run working to educate them, rather than looking for snappy come-backs. Try building your arguments on the positive attributes you may gain from military training that they may not get from their chosen civilian jobs at this stage in their lives, the employment opportunities you will have, and also the benefits that the military brings to Canadian society by its works around the world and at home.

Back