• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Miscalculations of Disability Pensions Class Action - Manuge vs. His Majesty the King.

Ignatius

Reaction score
Does this Manuge Miscalculation of Disability Pensions Class Action include any Veterans who received multiple Disability Benefits Lump Sum amounts? I'm guessing we are eligible correct? If so, when should we be notified of when we can file a claim to receive compensation?

Info is available at: Miscalculation of Disability Pensions Class Action

Per the Final Settlement Agreement:

VAC PAYMENT GROUP – LIVING CLASS MEMBERS

24. The Defendant shall make automatic Settlement Payments to living Class Members in the VAC Payment Group directly through the usual, ongoing, process of remitting VAC payments of benefits to that Class Member.

25. Class Members eligible as Claimants to the Claims Based Payment Group at the time of the Final Order who, during the Interim Period, establish a current payment arrangement with VAC and receive of VAC benefits on a recurring monthly basis, are eligible to be part of the VAC Payment Group.

This is more of an "off-the-cuff" question. You would think there would be a Class Action on the go regarding the exposure to mould, lead and asbestos (poor air quality) while serving onboard the old Navy ships.

Also I'm surprised there is not a Class Action on the exposure to lead and asbestos while living in the now torn down old PMQ's at CFB Uplands in Ottawa.

This two situations regarding exposure to mould, lead and asbestos on Navy ships and also in the PMQ's at CFB Uplands is definitely work a Class Action Lawsuit, if not one currently in progress already?

This is more of an "off-the-cuff" question. You would think there would be a Class Action on the go regarding the exposure to mould, lead and asbestos (poor air quality) while serving onboard the old Navy ships.

Also I'm surprised there is not a Class Action on the exposure to lead and asbestos while living in the now torn down old PMQ's at CFB Uplands in Ottawa.

This two situations regarding exposure to mould, lead and asbestos on Navy ships and also in the PMQ's at CFB Uplands is definitely work a Class Action Lawsuit, if not one currently in progress already?

There was one proposed In the early stages, unsure where it is now but these things move slow.

I suffer from constant lung issues and was contacted from a lawyer August 2020. They were looking for Class members to start the suit.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to secure a medical diagnosis backing up my symptoms. I had a battery of breathing tests and others done.

If you are interested you can reach out to :

Forté Law Droit

77 blvd. Vaughan Harvey Blvd, Suite 100

Moncton, NB E1C 0K2

Tel.: 506.877.0077 ext. 102

David M. Wheatley, Associate Lawyer at david@fortelawdroit.ca

I'm unsure if this is still proceeding, my last correspondence with them is almost 3 years old now.

Or firing the 84mm Carl Gustav multiple times (and M-72s), no ear defenders, getting your bell rung over and over again. I believe the Americans are pushing for compensation for that

Any word on payouts yet for the Manuge Class Action for VAC Miscalculations of Benefits? I haven't received anything yet or nothing in My VAC Account or regular email.

Back