• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP Recruiting

matt88

Inactive
Reaction score
I’m in the process of going to school for police foundations  and looking to join the forces as an mp I’m just wondering if there are any other courses, first aid ect that would make me a stronger candidate

I also have my application in for my local reserve unit while I’m in school

Thanks Matt88

So my friend just got into Military Intelligence and is being trained up in that. I told him I was going through Law Enforcement foundations at CDI college (can't find any other colleges local here that do it) and he said I should check out the Military Police.

So a few questions that I could not find when searching.

Will a Law Enforcement Foundations diploma be enough for the pre-requirement to applying? I don't think its the same as police foundations.

I can only find police foundations in Ontario doesn't seem like any colleges offer that in BC at least not the same ex-cop police training style.

What kind of score do you need to get on the aptitude test? Math is not my strong point but I am pretty good with the English language in general.

I have smoked pot in the past during my younger teenage years. I heard they don't mind if your honest up front with them; big key being integrity.

One last one - If I join infantry and serve x amount of years can I request to train / transfer to MP?

Thanks for your time.

yikomaka said:
So my friend just got into Military Intelligence and is being trained up in that. I told him I was going through Law Enforcement foundations at CDI college (can't find any other colleges local here that do it) and he said I should check out the Military Police.

So a few questions that I could not find when searching.

Will a Law Enforcement Foundations diploma be enough for the pre-requirement to applying? I don't think its the same as police foundations.

I can only find police foundations in Ontario doesn't seem like any colleges offer that in BC at least not the same ex-cop police training style.

What kind of score do you need to get on the aptitude test? Math is not my strong point but I am pretty good with the English language in general.

I have smoked pot in the past during my younger teenage years. I heard they don't mind if your honest up front with them; big key being integrity.

One last one - If I join infantry and serve x amount of years can I request to train / transfer to MP?

Thanks for your time.

The diploma one is tough, they would probably look at it and compare the courses that you take to police foundations and law and security diplomas. As for the aptitude test I know I fail like nothing else at math but it's not that hard, if you're worried about it just look at the sample test and practice some of the questions on it. The pot thing probably won't be an issue if it was awhile ago and you're just honest with them about it. When I did my aptitude test this one guy who wanted to be a combat engineer looked over at me during the part where they hand you a sheet with a bunch of drugs listed on it and you pick what you've done and how often and long ago and asked, "What's the fancy word for coke?" You should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I will go down to my local recruiting station and ask about the diploma thing to see if it will be accepted or not. Really wish there would be a police foundations course somewhere other then ontario.

When I went to my recurring office and asked about schooling to become an mp, the recruiter gave a list of colleges and it had preferred, accepted courses. I chose my school courses based on the list, you  should ask to see if they have one for bc. 

matt88

Back