• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Must See Documentary

Paperny

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.

I represent Paperny Films in Vancouver, British Columbia, and there is something I wish to share with military trainees, both young and older.  Our production company has recently created a documentary series entitles, 'Combat School'.  It follows, for the first time ever, Canadian infantry soldiers as they undergo the most technologically advanced, intense and realistic combat training in military history. Our cameras shadow a platoon of 40 men and women from the time they commence their training until they are ready for real combat. The crew is then embedded with the platoon "outside the wire" in Afghanistan where the soldiers' skills are put to the test.  'Combat School' has already been aired on the Discovery Channel in Canada as it serves as an educational and insightful look at the men and women of the Canadian military as they undergo the rigorous training needed to become "battle ready". It has received glowing reviews, most notably from Brad Oswald of the Winnipeg Free Press, as well as Patricia Treble from MacLeans.

'Combat School' is now available on DVD, and can be ordered on line at www.papernysites.com/pfi_store/.

I encourage all those reading this post to consider making this documentary a part of your library. You won't be disappointed.

Ian Mousaw
Paperny Films.

I would have been interested a while back, but I'll be experiencing BMQ myself in a little over a month. This would be very interesting for family though, they would be very interested to see what happens when a family member starts training.

Not to burst any bubbles but BMQ does not make you combat ready. I am thinking that the show will follow SQ and BIQ. Both of these intense courses are for combat training. To me, this sounds like a great doc, as prior, there have been none to my knowledge for the infantry recruits. Not to many people in the civi world have a true understanding of what it takes to become a soldier. I hope it will open some eyes.

willellis said:
Not to burst any bubbles but BMQ does not make you combat ready. I am thinking that the show will follow SQ and BIQ. Both of these intense courses are for combat training. To me, this sounds like a great doc, as prior, there have been none to my knowledge for the infantry recruits. Not to many people in the civi world have a true understanding of what it takes to become a soldier. I hope it will open some eyes.

This documentary has nothing to do with SQ or BIQ, it is about the work up training that Soldiers are doing to get ready for deployment to Afghanistan.  The soldiers are already fully qualified and are in a BN and torturous roughly year long training prior to their deployment.

Just to throw in my two cents, as I saw the entire series on television...

Absolutely fantastic documentary. Some of the best training and combat footage featuring our army that I've seen anywhere.

Thanks for sharing, Ian.  I saw a few episodes on the telly, but want the entire doc.  Excellent footage and production!

Back