• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MY VAC Process So far (OSI)

gryphonv

Reaction score
Just putting this up as a gauge for anyone going through the process.

I filed a claim for an OSI (operational stress injury) with VAC on May 4th by submitting a form through My VAC that I filled out myself.

This is the second claim I filed with VAC (first was for an injury with my legs). I waited until my first claim came back. I know this was unnecessary, I just didn't want anything delaying things more.

I filed on recommendation from a few peers as I had a prior diagnosis and have been prescribed both medication and counseling. I have been medically released for my other issue though I always felt this condition would have the longer lasting complications with my transition to the civilian world.

Ok So I filed the claim on May 4th, 2016. Up until last week it was still at step 1. I sent an email to VAC asking if there was anything holding up my claim, they told me there wasn't and it was being forwarded to the department who makes decisions.

On wednesday August 10th, 2016 my Claim moved from step 1 to step 2.

On Thursday August 11th, 2016 it moved from step 2 to step 3. It also noted that all my information was received as of May 4th, 2016 which was some peace of mind to me as I was afraid the 16 week clock would of started when it moved to step 3. My claim was also update with the diagnossed name of my condition.

Currently my 16 week date is August 28th, 2016. It appears everything is on track to meet that date. I will update as things move forward. I know this is a Case by Case thing but this should give some confidence and a time line for others who are going through the process.

Back