• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Warfare Officer Pin - NCM Version

Settle down now... How can we feel superior about not granting badges and medals if people other than Americans do it?
Pre 9/11, wasn’t there a measure of perverse pride in having senior pers with a CD and bar only compared to our American cousins? “Look at us, we don’t get a medal for completing basic/unit effectiveness/rolling out of bed in the morning”.

For the Navy, they’re on the lapel of the tunic, and sleeve on the short sleeve shirt.

Ironically, they don’t have trade badges on the operational uniform…the one they wear most of the time.
We did on the first post-CF work dress iteration of NCDs. Pic is ‘89-90 vintage. Trade badges lasted a few years only and then came off, never to reappear. I don’t recall the reason why.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 37
We did on the first post-CF work dress iteration of NCDs. Pic is ‘89-90 vintage. Trade badges lasted a few years only and then came off, never to reappear. I don’t recall the reason why.

Because nothing improves morale like a hard earned, and universally respected, trade badge? ;)

Because nothing improves morale like a hard earned, and universally respected, trade badge? ;)
1718295036363.png Agreed regarding badges. Some are even used to flog ice cream in the most unlikely places.....👹

The current NCDs have so much Velcro that one could probably just slap it on the sleeve and see if anyone notices.

The current NCDs have so much Velcro that one could probably just slap it on the sleeve and see if anyone notices.
With the old school stoker and electrician badges (and soon to be new hull techs) to thumb the nose at people that wanted to break up the 'stoker mafia'!

Back