• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NAVRES BMOQ Equivalency

navygravy

Inactive
Reaction score
I am sure that someone has already posted about this, but the search option on these forums is really difficult to use I find.

Anyways, I completed BMOQ this summer (2009) at NOTC Venture, and I CT'd to the reg force in August. Since my transfer happened right after I graduated from BMOQ, my reserve unit never had the time/paperwork to add it to my file, so I am forced to apply for a equivalency.

It's been almost 4 months now, and still no response. I was told from a couple people that I should not have to do BMOQ again, but now I am starting to get skeptical. Does anyone know of any changes they made to equivalencies which could be the reason as to why its being held up.

Thanks

You definitly do NOT have to do the BMOQ again.  The NAVRES BMOQ at VENTURE is fully equivalent to the BMOQ run in St Jean.  Some would argue that the intensity is less severe at VENTURE, but that is irrelevent.  The fact remains that completing the course at VENTURE will grant you the AIPB course code on your MPRR.

You should have been given a copy of your course report.  Present that to your chain of command and ask them to update your MPRR accordingly.  You should not have to do a PLAR in this case.

Back