• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Element Change

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I hope someone here is able to help me with my question. I have just graduated BMOQ. I am with the Army as a LogO. I want to change element to Air Force. What should I do?

I initially applied with Air Force but was never offered it. That's why I am wondering if I can change to Air Force now.

Hello everyone. I hope someone here is able to help me with my question. I have just graduated BMOQ. I am with the Army as a LogO. I want to change element to Air Force. What should I do?

I initially applied with Air Force but was never offered it. That's why I am wondering if I can change to Air Force now.

There is an RCLS policy for changing DEU while on the BTL. Policy

If you are fully trained then CANFORGEN 029/02 applies. I cut the considerations that are made when looking at DEU changes

There are five (5) fundamental requirements and considerations that must be made when considering a DEU change request.
First, whether the change will promote morale and enhance operational focus.
Second, the DEU distribution target for the MOSID in question.
Third, the member s preference for environmental affiliation.
Fourth, the member s past environmental record of employment, continuing employment, and career progression.
Finally, basic training must have been completed, and the member must have served five years beyond the successful completion of MOC training

There is an RCLS policy for changing DEU while on the BTL. Policy

If you are fully trained then CANFORGEN 029/02 applies. I cut the considerations that are made when looking at DEU changes

There are five (5) fundamental requirements and considerations that must be made when considering a DEU change request.
First, whether the change will promote morale and enhance operational focus.
Second, the DEU distribution target for the MOSID in question.
Third, the member s preference for environmental affiliation.
Fourth, the member s past environmental record of employment, continuing employment, and career progression.
Finally, basic training must have been completed, and the member must have served five years beyond the successful completion of MOC training
Thank you for this information. Very helpful. If I understand right - I am not fully trained therefore CANFORGEN 029/02 does not apply to me. So I can request DEU change from CoC and see what they decide?

Thank you for this information. Very helpful. If I understand right - I am not fully trained therefore CANFORGEN 029/02 does not apply to me. So I can request DEU change from CoC and see what they decide?
Yup, request under the BTL policy, no harm in asking. FWIW, I have seen a few of this succeed but most are denied. Most denied folks had very superficial reasons in their reasoning and truth be told having managed a BTL with a number of Log Os many of those requesting either couldn't pass BMOQ-L or didn't even want to attempt it.

When I was originally transferred from infantry to JAG, I was assigned air force as my element. My application based on 16 years in the artillery and four years of infantry had me quickly reassigned to army. The process does work. Provide a good explanation as to why and how this would benefit the CAF. Good luck.

🍻

Back