• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy supply ship out of refit in Halifax - late and over budget

JohnnyCanuck said:
Having served onboard the Preservers Sister ship the Protecteur for a few years and having seen the "smoke" coming from PRE on the day in question I can say, with some confidence that what the PRE was doing that morning was quite normal for an AOR on start up.   It just breaks my heart that the citizens of this country apparently hate us so much that any time we so much as fart in the wrong direction they "go up one side of us and then down the other".   When will this country get it's pride in it's forces back.   I want to be able to wear this uniform with pride and not feel embarrased when I tell people what I do for this country.   I am a proud member of this Canadian Force why arent Canadians?

I still take pride in my uniform and what i do for this country... F*ck what other people think. I do it for my country, including the people who look at you like your a wierdo because you wear a uniform. You ask why aren't Canadians, because they have been blessed that they dont live in extreme poverty, or in a war time. Because they are uneducated as to what the military does, and because they aren't mature enough to wrap their heads around what we do and why we do it.

JohnnyCanuck said:
Having served onboard the Preservers Sister ship the Protecteur for a few years and having seen the "smoke" coming from PRE on the day in question I can say, with some confidence that what the PRE was doing that morning was quite normal for an AOR on start up.   It just breaks my heart that the citizens of this country apparently hate us so much that any time we so much as fart in the wrong direction they "go up one side of us and then down the other".   When will this country get it's pride in it's forces back.   I want to be able to wear this uniform with pride and not feel embarrased when I tell people what I do for this country.   I am a proud member of this Canadian Force why arent Canadians?

To answer your question, most people are poorly educated about this country. Most people know nothing military. Every Canadians government has given us phony pacifism and mukticulturalism for the last 40 years, so this is the mess we're in as a result.

Most Canadians live in big cities, where the concept of "Canadian identity" is very watered down where it ever existed. Not to say people in cities like Toronto and Vancouver don't care, young people care especially, they simply have to put up with the multiculturalism, colonialism and pacifism that they never voted for.

Does anyone know how many civies work on the AOR's?  I heard a little while ago that the munber of civies that will be working on our ships will be likely to climb in the future.

The AOR's are RegF ships and do not have any Civilian Staff onboard.

There are members of the Maintenance Facility that are civilians that do go onboard to preform maintenance and trials, but they do not belong to the Ship's Company

Back