• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need to ask!

Ohhh... you didn't say they would do it if it was unlocked... i knew that... I thought you meant they opened the lock themselves and tied the shirts.

From my reserve BMQ experince...

Don't leave any button unbuttoned
Any buckle unbuckled
Any lock open
And...
Any key without someone holding on to it  ("The BMQ key tag of triumph"... Our class key was attached to a pick axe for the whole course)

Thats beautful lol the key tag of truimph! Yes...if you leave ANYTHING open..they will fuck you up so bad sometimes its ridiculus. Don't doors open, barracks open and god forbid...your locker! The main driving force behind this is weapons security. After like..5th week you have a C7 parked in your locker and ...wel just don't loose that either. A trip down to the Green Desk hurts..and its even worse when you have to talk to your staff Monday morning specially if it was a weekend. Make sure that damn Fire Picket stays awake  ;)

Also, you have the RIGHT to challenge any staff who is in the process of taking a weapon on your floor if that person is away and you're "watching" it. Make damn sure you challenge that staff so you can cover your ass later on. The french instructors LOVE to jack people specially on weekends cause they hate being there too.

- Make sure your cleaning room door is locked before your platoon leaves the floor for the day. If you don't...you will come back to a mess that will boggle your mind. We did.

- Don't hide your rucksack under your bed. You WILL regret it...mine was sort of in peices...

- Before going to bed, don't leave anything out cept your water canteen, alarm clock. Anything else WILL be taken by the staff.

This might be a dumb question but why do they take your stuff or mess around with it? Just to piss you off? I can't understand what the point would be...... ???

Andrea_Dawn said:
This might be a dumb question but why do they take your stuff or mess around with it? Just to piss you off? I can't understand what the point would be...... ???

Because they can't shoot at you or make explosions or whatever, it's to put stress on you. Train like you fight and fight like you train. If combat is the first time you're ever exposed to multiple levels of stress, you'd probably crack and be a liability to your teammates and possibly get them killed in the process. Screwing with your kit is one way of teaching you the importance of security and also adding a little more stress to your life.

Cheers

Andrea_Dawn said:

S E C U R I T Y  ! ! !

One Man; One Kit......

To teach you to get in the habit of putting things away when you are done using them.  Then when you take off in the middle of the night, you will know that you did not leave any of your kit behind in the dark; especially your weapon.

Does it make any sense now?

GW

Ahhh weapon security...on my SQ we had an unfortunate soul "loose" his weapon in the field. *sigh* Twas a terrible day for charge parade too frickin' raining outside and stuff. He's right..one man one kit and you will figure out how very VERY important that is when you get up in your training. Weapon security is of utmost importance they will stress this so much. I was so paranoid..I tied my C7 to me when I slept AND it was in my sleeping bag. Go figure eh.

Stress is something most civlians don't deal with everyday hence the introduction of stress in increasing levels. It ony gets worse trust me. I hated course senior and I was stuck with it for a week and a half.Don't let it get to you though..its not real stress...just induced stress and theres nothing personal about it.

Jason

"Hold canteen at arms length, now invert canteen"

"Gentlemen, you now have 60 seconds to clean up the mess"

All while wearing bunny suits and gas masks.

That totally makes sense when it comes to weapons. If I was stupid enough to lose or leave behind a weapon I would punish myself. :mad:

I was more interested in personal belongings. From some of the posts I read it sounds like people will "tie your shirts in knots" etc so that it would seem that you were messy or unorganized. Is this true? Do you lock up all your personal stuff too?

Thanks.

Security is about more than just your weapon. One man one kit, you secure all of your kit because if you lose a piece of it you become a liability to your teammates. If you get your shirt tied in a knot you're supposed to learn and let that be the only time you leave your kit unsecured since you experienced what happens if you don't secure your kit.  It's not to be mean or to hurt you personally.

Cheers

Jason Bourne said:
- Theres stuff the really works well on floors you can buy downstairs at the Canex, it has vinegar in it. Use it night before to take off the boot scuff marks for the morning inspection.

Just an FYI, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is amazing when it comes for scuff marks on floors.

Well, I went to my BMQ a year ago so not much should have changed.

-Civvies, bring two sets, maybe two and a half. You're bound to buy some in Montreal or the nearby mall when you get your weekends
-Swiffers, go ahead. If your staff don't like them then stuff them in your civvie lockup stuff and use them on weekends after week 4 or whenever you get access to it.
-Avoid large amounts of "junk" to come with you as it becomes a large burden if you are fortunate enough to move to another floor
-White erasers. Great for scuffs on floors and it won't stri the floor like some of the 'I-have-a-better-idea' cleaners that can be found in the cleaning closet.
-Shaving cream goes back INTO your locker after using it. Same for shampoo and anything else under pressure or squirtable. You will find your instructors may have become Paris street artists if they didn't join the military.

There's a lot of little advice posted around here if you look on what to bring, what to do, what not to do and so on. Everyone's had their own experience from physically demanding instructors to mentally demanding instructors. Big thing to have with you going into Basic is determination. I've seen a lot of my fellow candidates drop out through the entire training cycle because they believed they couldn't handle the hardships they were facing. When you're done it's all easier. If you're in the Navy life becomes pretty slack according to my Naval friends, and same with the Air Force. A lot of people thought along the way that their job was gonna always be like the 'hard day' they were having and gave up. BMQ is easy, it's fun, just do what your told to the best of your ability. Work with your team because they get you through it just as much as you get them through it. The life after the initial training phase, be whatever MOC you're in, is far more enjoyable than anything civy land has to offer.

-Spooks

Back