• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New application + waiting

alxthegr8t

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So now, like most of you I decided to join the Canadian Forces. 3 years ago I signed up also for CF, but my historical side drugs and everything that comes with it was not in the sights of the CF and I understand. It's been 3 years now that I'm sober. I do not take any drugs. By cons, it happened to me a story about the end of January 2013. After celebrating my results during my powerlifting competitions, we went to a bar. Being under the influence of alcohol, I took some marijuana with the guys. That said and done, I live well with it, for cons I had a shock to myself as why I could not resist and I felt bad. Since then, I'm not taking it anymore. I know there are already hundreds of forum, but I do not think by medical examinations will have problem with this little problem.

This is my little presentation. So I applied for Tech Plumbing and Heating. Just recently, I spoke with a recruiter and he told me that this post was recently opened or early February 2013. I filled my papers and sent it online via the website of FC. So I ask me how long it can take it because they are in a period of research in this area on which I applied. Is that it can be fast enough?

My only concern now is that if the application occurs rapidly during the medical examination, although it was just a one time in January make me delay my entrance again. Although I train 6x a day for almost a year and I drink a lot of water in a day. I shall tell no lies in the interview and I hope the best for the future!

So that was my little presentation and continue to write on this forum is nice to read you all!

It'll take as long as it takes. Could get a call next week, could get a call in 6 months. There's no way of quantifying it. It is what it is, a waiting game with suprises. Just prepare as best you can, stay that way and wait.

recceguy said:
It'll take as long as it takes. Could get a call next week, could get a call in 6 months. There's no way of quantifying it. It is what it is, a waiting game with suprises. Just prepare as best you can, stay that way and wait.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I'll keep in good fit in gym and ready for the call for sure !

Wait im confused. Did the CF turn down your application 3 years ago when you applied due to drug use? Or are you saying that last month (January) was the last time you smoked pot? Im pretty sure they want at least 6 months before you can apply.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

dvh1 said:
Wait im confused. Did the CF turn down your application 3 years ago when you applied due to drug use? Or are you saying that last month (January) was the last time you smoked pot? Im pretty sure they want at least 6 months before you can apply.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

What I mean it's 3 1/2 years ago, I went to CFRC for medical exam and I did not pass the minimum cause I was a daily user of marijuana and other drugs. So they told me to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Since then, I'm sober since 2009, but smoked marijuana one time on January 2013. So, I think I "suppose" to be ok, cause it was the first time since 3 years and I'm not using it anymore. Of course I understand the "6 monts rule" but if I can explain exactly that I reorganized my life since then, they should know that I'm not the man I was before for sure.

So this is what happened.

alxthegr8t said:
What I mean it's 3 1/2 years ago, I went to CFRC for medical exam and I did not pass the minimum cause I was a daily user of marijuana and other drugs. So they told me to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Since then, I'm sober since 2009, but smoked marijuana one time on January 2013. So, I think I "suppose" to be ok, cause it was the first time since 3 years and I'm not using it anymore. Of course I understand the "6 monts rule" but if I can explain exactly that I reorganized my life since then, they should know that I'm not the man I was before for sure.

You may have changed your life, but you still smoked pot less than 2 months ago. The minimum they are going to want is 6 months clean, but with your past history of being a daily user, I personally wouldn't count you as a good candidate. One slip is all it takes to slide down a hill.

PuckChaser said:
You may have changed your life, but you still smoked pot less than 2 months ago. The minimum they are going to want is 6 months clean, but with your past history of being a daily user, I personally wouldn't count you as a good candidate. One slip is all it takes to slide down a hill.

Yes, you're right. I'm hoping for a call this summer. Not before just to be sure everything's ok in my system.
I made a mistake and I know I have to live with it.

its possible, but don't count on a quick call, I've been in the process close to a year now, going for stoker, and I have college and red seal qual. diesel tech. and no drugs. thing just don't move fast in recruiting. I'm sure that a fast call has happened, but plan for a longer wait.
Personally, I found the wait helpful in making sure its what I want to do with my life.
and on a positive note, my friend got in, and he was a hardcore user for 10+years. he cleaned himself up and got into infantry. so there is hope good luck! take it in stride

mj_lover said:
its possible, but don't count on a quick call, I've been in the process close to a year now, going for stoker, and I have college and red seal qual. diesel tech. and no drugs. thing just don't move fast in recruiting. I'm sure that a fast call has happened, but plan for a longer wait.
Personally, I found the wait helpful in making sure its what I want to do with my life.
and on a positive note, my friend got in, and he was a hardcore user for 10+years. he cleaned himself up and got into infantry. so there is hope good luck! take it in stride

Yes, thank you very much for your info & good words. The recruiter told me the first time when I'll go back to re apply, they will do/ask more questions about my drugs use to be sure everything's ok. I was a daily user but not an hardcore user, but drugs is drugs ! I'll take my time and be ready when my turn will be on.

Back