• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army Cadet Rank Prerequisites

OK guys I have a question...I joined cadets in September when I was 15 (I'm still 15 my birthday's in August) I was promoted to trooper the first week of March...Had trooper for 6 only 6 weeks and I got promoted again to corporal?...Can anyone explain this to me?

1913_Cpl

They either needed another corporal or thought you had distinguished yourself.  I was a private for the duration of camp. Then I was promoted.

2332Piper said:
Why do they do alot of things in cadets? If I were you, start shaking the established foundations and teach the rebellious idea that Mcpl isn't really a rank.  ;)

will do

1913_Cpl said:
OK guys I have a question...I joined cadets in September when I was 15 (I'm still 15 my birthday's in August) I was promoted to trooper the first week of March...Had trooper for 6 only 6 weeks and I got promoted again to corporal?...Can anyone explain this to me?

1913_Cpl
Often times we will take age as a factor in promotions, because age typically shows a better sense of maturity and less time left in cadets.  Also we looked at the results from the Junior and Senior Leadership courses, and promoted those performed well and showed some leadership potential.  If your confused as to why you have been promoted inquire up your chain of command rather then asking people who aren't involved in the process.

Also just to add I was promoted to Cpl the last night before camp and received MCpl the second night back in Sept.

Back