• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Berets

Let‘s go over the potential line of conversation...

"Hey... [deregatory term]... nice [Beret, kilt, tam, balmoral, etc]"
"Hey, I wouldn‘t say that if I were you..."

At which point the taunter would under normal circumstances say "Oh yeah? You and what army are going to stop me".

Of course, as we all know, this is a bad thing to say to somone actually in the army. As they tend to travel in groups. And no matter how large and muscular they themselves are, they always have larger and more muscular friends.

Symchyshyn, just a little advice. Make sure you dont form a canoe in your beret. The SSM doesnt like those.

And nobody can tell you cut out the liner when the beret is on your head.

phillman... you would be surprised! and besides the store at CFCSE, where is it possible to purchase a "belgium" beret??

Originally posted by Phillman:
[qb] Symchyshyn, just a little advice. Make sure you dont form a canoe in your beret. The SSM doesnt like those.

And nobody can tell you cut out the liner when the beret is on your head. [/qb]
Thanks for the heads up,

Try any good regimental kit shops. We carry Belgiques...for about 45 bucks a pop ;)

Regards

the PPCLI kitshop sells them, do a search on google an order online, or phone?

gryphon664,

Go to the Sigs Museum on the other side of the base, by the water tower. You‘ll find that beret for sale.

Another good place to look is at surplus stores, alot of them carry the old berets that are like new. I picked one up in London for $3.50 instead of paying $20 at the Battalion kit shop.

Gerry Can..... :rolleyes:

He wants to look like a soldier, not a bag of hammers :D

Who would want to wear a USED beret anyway?

Regards

Those ones do look like new, surprisingly... and wonderfully inexpensive

J. Lightfoot

Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] Gerry Can..... :rolleyes:

He wants to look like a soldier, not a bag of hammers :D

Who would want to wear a USED beret anyway?

Regards [/qb]
Who knows? Maybe they were only worn by a recruit for one day as a pizza pan before they quit.

Back