• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New cadpat uniforms

I think its rather easy to tell the difference between someone going to the store on their way to work (or from work) to get groceries or whatever and someone wearing their uniform (whom havent finished their basic training) to look cool.
I would say go over to the goof and embarass them and make them look stupid BUT then the kid would charge you with harassment and win.

Best to cut the break lines :blotto:

Sadly, one of my best friends had his CADPAT before me - and he is ex-military. Bought it on ebay! I try to tell him NOT to wear it in public, or at least when I am being seen with him. Boys and their toys.

I love the retards who buy Garrison Dress jackets at the Army Surplus store and wear them around town, too! :D

^I always wanted a CADPAT gitch for my mission to run around the woods terrorizing the enemy force.

The "new cadpat" is the army/aiforce (Gen 3) variant. My unit trialed this uniform in 2001. The reason is the airforce was to start issuing the cadpat and they needed certain mods done. The idea is that they should have one standard that all the services could use without resorting to multiple versions in the system. Most of the mods are regards to FOD and the snagging of the buttons on things. Another change was the inverting of the rank slip on because the armour types placed in compaints that they where snagging on the hatches when they got out (safety?). I don‘t know what they are going to do when they are getting into their toys.

If you are in the hatch of a tank with just your head sticking out, do you really need slip ons of any kind? ;) Who is going to see them? Take them off, put them in your pocket, end of problem.

Silly zipperheads.

Our vehicles are decades only and people are worried about loosing buttons, crazy.

Then again, someone is going to say
"If we didn‘t have to keep replacing lost buttons we could afford new tanks!"

in true canadian style.
cuz hey, if we didnt spend so much money on sea king maitenance...well, we‘d be able to buy a new military...

To clarify, you are allowed to make stopovers that are permitted by your CO. Which means your CO can permit none, or he can be unrestricted, but I think you‘d be hardpressed to find a CO who authorizes his Reservists (or even his regulars) to grab a beer at the local bar on Saturday night, or around on Hallowe‘en.

So, the CF now has three uniforms which are the DEU, the Combat and the new CADPATS?

Also, are the DEUs for the Army and Navy exactly the same in design?

Also, are the DEUs for the Army and Navy exactly the same in design?
no, compared to the army DEUs, air force DEUs are pretty much the same except they are made of a different material and don‘t have epaulets on their jackets. navy DEU jackets are double breasted and have neither epaulets or breast pockets. i think thats it.

The CADPAT is a replacement for the old olive green combats. Once you have combats in CADPAT, you have to turn in your green ones. In the army, there is only the DEU and combats... also ceremonials, if applicable, but not all units have those.

Back