• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Group Badge

da1root

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello fellow RCMS members - so while killing time on Facebook this morning I've seen that we have a new Group badge.
Apparently our "old" badge was representative of a Command badge and has been updated to reflect that we're a Group not a Command...

Here's the blurb that came with the announcement (oddly enough I don't recall anything coming across my email about this, but it's on Facebook...?? LOL)

----
New Canadian Forces Health Services Group Badge Alert!
🚨

Newly authorized by CAF/DND’s Directorate of History and Heritage, we are proud to present the updated CF H Svcs Gp badge.

HSvcs Crests.jpg
Key points:

βœ…
The badge you have been accustomed to in the past few years was that of a Command (such as MILPERSCOM), whereas this updated version more appropriately reflects our organizational level as a Group.

βœ…
the central piece (badge) and the motto remain the same, but the frame has changed. This new frame was recently introduced into the Canadian Armed Forces in January 2022 for use by β€œLevel 2” formations.

βœ…
the crown depicted in the new badge continues to be that of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. His Majesty King Charles III approved a new artistic representation in April 2023 and therefore further changes to CAF badge frames may be made in the coming years, but it will be a gradual process, and existing versions of emblems will remain valid and in effect until replacement is necessary in accordance with the Heraldic Authority.

The new badge will be published in the Public Register of Arms, Flags and Badges of Canada in due course, and specific direction on the reproduction and use of this badge will follow.

Look for the new badge on our Health Services flag, correspondence, and future merchandise.

The attached image picture shows the previous badge (on the left) and newly updated badge (on the right).

Learn more about Canadian Forces badges here: https://www.canada.ca/.../mil.../canadian-forces-badges.html

Back