• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New LAV Variant

421 EME

Inactive
Reaction score
The new LAV POO Variant being tested in Gagetown, so far the troops love it on smooth roads but says it gets messy going off road.

Is it an "Ensuite" or do you have to exit the vehicle to access it?

What kind of protection does it give to the member?

Does "Add-on Armour" need to be applied, and how much weight does this add to the vehicle and what affect does it have on vehicle performance?

421 EME said:
The new LAV POO Variant being tested in Gagetown, so far the troops love it on smooth roads but says it gets messy going off road.

You said "poo"    :rofl:

With a simple mod to the door it can be access thru the vehicle.

At the moment it will not give any protection to anyone using it, but DLR is looking into an "Add-on Armour" kit for it, this will add to the total weight of the vehicle.

Performance will remain the same for the vehicle, but for the crew it will increase due to not have to stop for piss breaks on road moves and protecting the crew by not have them dismounting the vehicle in possible mine and IED environments.

LOL

Adding a "blue rocket" is an interesting way to increase the capabilities of a LAV. Imagine adding blue rockets to a LAV-TOW........... ;)

Thucydides said:
Adding a "blue rocket" is an interesting way to increase the capabilities of a LAV. Imagine adding blue rockets to a LAV-TOW........... ;)

The backblast from firing the TOW would make S**t go everywhere. I dont think we can add this to the LAV TUA.

I hear the engineers what to try out the mine dispensing feature too.

Hmmm.... must only be a prototype.... 1st time around, the 25mm would give whoever is in the blue rocket a bit of a trim (a little off the top >:D )

Engineers would not stoop to using weapons of mess destruction >:D

Does this change the CoC meaning S**t can now flow uphill? Just wondering.

I'm assuming the rocket has the "Dutch door" mod, so that the facilities can be accessed from inside whileon the roll.  ;D

Back