• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New life advice.....????

Lillie Jade

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm new to the whole army thing my fiance joined in the summer and is half way through basic, after he graduates we get to move to Gagetown. Does anyone have advice on what the best plan of action would be and if living on or off base is better, or well anything cause I'm a little freaked on the whole thing. I love what he's doing but I'm scared and I don't know where to start with planning a move across country or what will happen for when we move,plus it doesn't help that he cant give me any answers....(grrrrr)
So I thought if I asked people who have been through it maybe I wouldn't feel so panicked.

Any help would be great
thank you

I'm in the same boat, except my hubby got posted to Edmonton. It's a very big city which is kind of scary considering where I live now, so I'm more than willing to live on base! Plus I just would feel safer there, you would have to assume crime would be a bit lower there than the rest of the city  :P. Also my husband would be closer to work, so we wouldn't rack up the extra gas milage.

It is a first step for us, it was offered early on and we just took the PMQ.  I want the transition to go smoothly, and we can always look for a place off base if it doesn't work out the way we hope, later. I haven't gotten any replies to my query about Edmonton, so I'm hoping you do at least!  I hear Gaugetown is a really nice place, and the housing/renting is a lot cheaper than most places.  I hope that is at least an incentive.

So in short, sorry I can't really help, just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat. I got married just before he left for training though hehe.  Hang in there!

Back