• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Newbie ... kinda

MooseMilk

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there forum!

I'd like to start off with saying that I am ex-primary reserve (Supply Tech - Navy)

I honorably discharged in 2011 and have kinda missed it ever since. I have a full time civy side job that I have been at for over 12 years which pays well. The problem with the job is that there is no room for advancement or growth.

I attended the Toronto Recruiting Center to speak to them about getting back in but they told me that times have changed and the new process is to apply online to start the process. They were helpful with letting me know that my aptitude test was still valid and the trades I wanted didn't require me to take them again. Hope this is true as it will shave some time off the application process.

This past Sunday August 23rd, I applied for a Reg Force Position within the Navy. I got the confirmation email on August 26th saying to email them back with my information as my application was selected to be processed further.

My trade choices are

1 Imagery Technician
2 Boatswain
3 Weapons Engineering (Navy)

I'm very excited to see if I can get back in and start a career that I am planning on staying at until retirement.

Anyone think that I will have an issue as I am a 35 year old female? I just started running again about a month ago in hopes that I will be selected to enroll again.

I finished basic once (9 weeks for Naval Reserves at Borden) and know I can do it again. It was definitely hard and I was there with a very young group, so keeping up with them during PT was hard. I'm just hoping that the Reg Force Basic is about the same.

Anyways, congrats to all the people on here talking about their progress into getting in and good luck :) Hope to meet some of you possibly...

One of my former Professors at school finished their BMQ last year. A 42 year old female who was a Contract Academic Staffer here. She said she had no problem, and age wasn't an issue.

Best of luck!

Best of luck to you! I'm currently waiting it's been over a year since my first testing, considering i had many delays because of missing documents and what not, i'm finally mert listed and should be (hopefully) getting a call soon. But from what i've read in your post, you should be fine :). Again best of luck and hope everything goes smoothly!

Back