• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

news story on medals

Heh... I don't dissagree with ya Vern

BUT.... I don't write the policy & I certainly wasn't consulted prior to it's being implemented........

geo said:
Heh... I don't dissagree with ya Vern

BUT.... I don't write the policy & I certainly wasn't consulted prior to it's being implemented........

And, I think, that is the gist behind BYTs & GO!!! posts. Policy which can seemingly entail a double standard WRT honours and awards and double recognition. Unfortunatly, using the Kuwait/Bronze Star criteria (the non-V instruments) with one being recognized as "meritorious" and the other merely as a "campaign" medal, I can see where one would get the impression that the way the criteria was applied in these two cases tended to favour those who recd auth to wear the non-valour Bronze Stars.

Sometimes, the perception over-rules the actualities.

Although in the case of those who went from

Op Apollo to Op Athena TAT/ZERO (and recd the SWASM only)
and those who went in reverse:
From Op Athena to Op Archer (and recd both the GCS/GCM & the SWASM)
I believe that it is a clear cut double standard, not a perception.

For those of you who really care...

A-AD-200-000/AG-000
THE HONOURS, FLAGS AND HERITAGE STRUCTURE
OF THE CANADIAN FORCES

Specifically Chapter two

And this little tidbit from someone much wiser than most of us...

“Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.”
Aristotle

I think most of us here have already agreed with that little tidbit reccesoldier.

The question here is not about "not having enough awards" it's about double standards that are perceived to be in their awarding. There is a difference.

The Librarian said:
I think most of us here have already agreed with that little tidbit reccesoldier.

The question here is not about "not having enough awards" it's about double standards that are perceived to be in their awarding. There is a difference.

Hence the more informative part of my post.  ;)

The Librarian said:
that threw me off.  ;)

Just a recognition of Reccesoldiers first law of instruction...

"Nothing else causes eyes to glaze over faster than putting the letters CFP or B/GL in front of any title."
;D

Reccesoldier said:
"Nothing else causes eyes to glaze over faster than putting the letters CFP or B/GL in front of any title."
;D
Especially when one has become, by default, a librarian.  ;D But my eyes didn't glaze over.

Got to go figure out how to file that one under the dewey decimal system.

Back