• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL: No more pride, military appreciation, other theme jerseys on ice

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Interesting approach - I can see people at all ends of the debate on all the issues being truly pissed over at least one of the themes getting the "no uniform" treatment. Talk about "if nobody's happy, it should be juuuuuuuuust right"?
Placed this here because even though there may be small-p political elements involved, it's not a government thing. Please remember to keep 'er civil.

Interesting approach - I can see people at all ends of the debate on all the issues being truly pissed over at least one of the themes getting the "no uniform" treatment. Talk about "if nobody's happy, it should be juuuuuuuuust right"?
Placed this here because even though there may be small-p political elements involved, it's not a government thing. Please remember to keep 'er civil.

Strongly approve.

Keep the politics out of professional sports and leave it all with the Olympics IMHO ;)

Good. Now how do Canadian teams remove the "this arena is on tradition X terrirory" intro nonsense before every game. Just play hockey already, keep the virtue signaling online where it belongs.

Silent auction of those jerseys that are only worn in warmups for superstar players can get into 5 figures. For some reason the Pride ones never did...

Good. Now how do Canadian teams remove the "this arena is on tradition X terrirory" intro nonsense before every game. Just play hockey already, keep the virtue signaling online where it belongs.

When privately owned companies, which are part of a multi-billion dollar profitable operation, pay for their own work sites and stop receiving public subsidies, they can do as they please.

Last edited:
OK, I'm confused. It sounds to me like the league's 'clarification' essentially retracted all of the initial directive.

"players have the freedom to wear "whatever they want" as long as it falls within the guidelines of each team's respective dress code."

OK, I'm confused. It sounds to me like the league's 'clarification' essentially retracted all of the initial directive.

"players have the freedom to wear "whatever they want" as long as it falls within the guidelines of each team's respective dress code."
It sounds like no special jerseys for practice either. Beyond that it appears to be better the club and if the player wants to do things.

Whatever they want under the dress code, players already wear different colors and styles suits to the rink. I don’t think that clarification was meant for on-ice uniforms.

Back