• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Oct 27 BMOQ

aka0516

Inactive
Reaction score
Just looking for anyone joining me in a few weeks
Im DEO MARS

I'm interviewing this week for DEO MARS. It would be awfully fast to go at the end of the month, but the positions are open, and I've been told in the past that I was a strong candidate, so here's hoping that it goes well and I get merit listed. It would surprise a lot of people at work!

I'm crossing my fingers I'll get the call to do my interview this week for DEO MARS as well, so maybe I'll make it into the 27th course. It would be a short amount of time to move, but we'll worth the rush if I get the call.

Here's hoping ;D

cheers

MusclesGlasses said:
I'm crossing my fingers I'll get the call to do my interview this week for DEO MARS as well, so maybe I'll make it into the 27th course. It would be a short amount of time to move, but we'll worth the rush if I get the call.

Here's hoping ;D

cheers
]

Good luck! (and nice xkcd pic) Good to know I'm not the only one in his thirties looking to start a career as a sailor.

I'm starting on the 27th as well (to be accurate, we report on the 27th but the course officially starts on the 29th), for infantry officer. I'm on a Francophone platoon though. Are you?

I am also DEO MARS. They have me leaving for BMOQ on the 27th as well. However, since I already did basic, they're trying to get me bypassed. I may still have to do it though.

I will be leaving on the 27th as well, who knows might see you guys there even though i'm not an officer going for vehicle tech

Half-pint: if you've done BMQ, not BMOQ you're unfortunately going to have to do it all over again. We've got a few people here who where told the same thing, only to be told that the leadership portions needed to be done as part of the complete course, unless you had finished your PLQ course.  Hopefully you've already done BMOQ, then it is a moot point!

Good luck everyone.

Ayrsayle said:
Half-pint: if you've done BMQ, not BMOQ you're unfortunately going to have to do it all over again. We've got a few people here who where told the same thing, only to be told that the leadership portions needed to be done as part of the complete course, unless you had finished your PLQ course.  Hopefully you've already done BMOQ, then it is a moot point!

Good luck everyone.

I did BMOQ (it was BOTC/IAP back then) and I have been told I shouldn't have to do it again. However, I know that means little and if they say I'm doing it again, I'm doing it again. :)

Just got a call form the recruiting office, and my interview is tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers tighter now :)

Cheers

Good Luck although you probably wont make the 29th, might be a little later in the year.

MusclesGlasses said:
Just got a call form the recruiting office, and my interview is tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers tighter now :)

Cheers

Good luck! Mine is on Thursday, hopefully we both do well.

Dragoonh said:
Good Luck although you probably wont make the 29th, might be a little later in the year.

Although making it into the course at the end of the month would be wonderful, I'm certainly not holding my breath. I have heard that there may likely be another BMOQ to start on the 3rd of December.

MMSS said:
Good luck! Mine is on Thursday, hopefully we both do well.

Good luck to you as well mate! Hopefully we both do well, then it's "Standby to standby" time :)

Cheers

MusclesGlasses said:
Although making it into the course at the end of the month would be wonderful, I'm certainly not holding my breath. I have heard that there may likely be another BMOQ to start on the 3rd of December.

I suspect the October 29 courses are the last ones for 2012, since the CFLRS closes for the holidays for about three weeks between mid-December and early January. A course starting on December 3rd would mean you'll get a 3-week Christmas leave barely two weeks into the course... Wouldn't make sense.

ken.w2402 said:
I suspect the October 29 courses are the last ones for 2012, since the CFLRS closes for the holidays for about three weeks between mid-December and early January. A course starting on December 3rd would mean you'll get a 3-week Christmas leave barely two weeks into the course... Wouldn't make sense.

It has happened in the past.

October 27th is not the last for 2012 since I was just loaded for the one starting Nov 3rd.

ken.w2402 said:

I along with at least 3 other candidates I know of start Mod 2 BMOQ 5-Dec only to go on Christmas leave on 15-Dec for 3 weeks.  So I fly out to St. Jean for 10 days of course, return home for 3 weeks, then start course again 6-Jan. 

It does happen.

Cheers,

Rob

Cool, good to know! Now let's watch out and try not to fatten too much over the holidays.

Just got sworn in today leavin on 27th but did not know I would have homework D:

Back