• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online "Kit" Websites

They do issue 2 canteens, which is more than enough water between refill stations.

Does Dave's Army Surplus/DS Tactical still exist? The website is either not functioning or I'm having a DIN issue.

RCR Grunt said:
Dave's still exists, but the site does not work on the DIN.

Thanks tons. I'll try again from home.

Yup - I could get into their site from home.

A bit out of my way for a real visit though.

Anyone know where to get a proper backpack online, not the canex type but the deploying kind?

dangerboy said:
Do you mean the issue small pack?

yeah, just something to fit gym stuff like running shoes, clothing, water bottles and all that in a camo style. The one in the pic above is ugly

dangerboy said:
Do you mean the issue small pack?

jacksparrow said:
yeah, just something to fit gym stuff like running shoes, clothing, water bottles and all that in a camo style. The one in the pic above is ugly

Got to Base Clothing and get one issued (unless you are not entitled to it)

NFLD Sapper said:
Got to Base Clothing and get one issued (unless you are not entitled to it)

In some locations this item is for Operational Issue only.    ;D

Not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but...the army guys here at work have the "mortor gloves" which make fantastic driving gloves. I'm AF and they are not on my "scale of issure".  I can not exchange my green pilot gloves,  :'(  nor my brown ones...my question is, how can I get the mortor gloves issued, or in a round about way, has anyone seen them in the surplus stores. 
Desperately seeking good driving gloves..  :crybaby:
Regards, BYTD

jacksparrow said:
The one in the pic above is ugly

Blasphemy!

BYT Driver said:
Not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but...the army guys here at work have the "mortor gloves" which make fantastic driving gloves. I'm AF and they are not on my "scale of issure".   I can not exchange my green pilot gloves,   :'(  nor my brown ones...my question is, how can I get the mortor gloves issued, or in a round about way, has anyone seen them in the surplus stores. 
Regards, BYTD

I'll trade you a set of new mortar gloves for a new set of brown pilots gloves.

BYT Driver said:
Not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but...the army guys here at work have the "mortor gloves" which make fantastic driving gloves. I'm AF and they are not on my "scale of issure".   I can not exchange my green pilot gloves,   :'(  nor my brown ones...my question is, how can I get the mortor gloves issued, or in a round about way, has anyone seen them in the surplus stores. 
Regards, BYTD

Pretty sure the Mortor gloves arent anti-static, so you probably wont see many of them in A/F hands on an A/F base. From what I've seen, Army bases will issue their drivers pretty much whatever gloves they want: Mortor Glove, CVC Glove (my Fav), TCG, CWWG... Probably everything except Flight gloves.

Pretty much all depends on where you are. Next time your on TD or just visiting near an Army base, swing in to clothing and ask for them. Worst they could say is no. But they probably wont.

I havent actually met that many people that love the mortor glove. Because of the fleece on the inside, as soon as your hands start to sweat, they slip around on your hands when you're doing any manual work. They also fall apart pretty quickly under daily use. Especially in the hands of a trucker.

Plus... Flight gloves are FR (Fire Retardant), and a little bone of contention for me: I keep on hearing that the Mortor glove (Not FR) is replacing the CVC Glove (FR).... What gives? If a requirement existed at some point for Combat Vehicle Crewmen to have an FR glove, why replace it with a non-FR love? Grr... 8 seconds of fire protection is better then instant melted polyester on your skin.

I'm pretty sure when the novelty wears off, you'd undoubtedly go back to the flight gloves. IHMO, most Army dudes in your shoes would opt for the flight glove over Mortor glove any day.

Edit: [/hijack]

Cheers,
Eric

jacksparrow said:

You're ugly.

Encloseable modular sleep systems for military, safety and expeditionary applications:

http://www.pacresgru.com/

If the images do not load, hit refresh and they will - why our site does this, no one seems to know.

Click on "MIL", then on whichever system you would prefer. Most are interested in the A1ME. The MFPS is a Multi Function Poncho System.

All pricing is currently in US dollars because the unstable Loonie and the fact that the majority of components come from other NATO Countries, mainly the US, means that we'd be changing the pricing daily, so, US dollars it is until the Loonie comes back to at least 90 cents on the US dollar.

Also due to the current economic situation, and beyond our control, we can only proceed to fill orders of 100 units in total or accumulated (make sense?), this is due to severe economic meltdown in the US where we purchase our laminated fabric. Too, there are no companies in Canada certified to laminate Sympatex Reflexion, and ALL lamination companies will tell you that to laminate anything less than 1,000 yards means that they cannot guarantee quality of lamination, and the last thing you want is a sleep system that delaminates when you're in it. I used to think this was a bogus excuse until I watched a $360,000 tri-laminating machine totally botch a 500 yard run - in about 9 seconds. Laminators typically factor in an extra 10% to the order and write-off the first 5% and the last 5% as non-useable. So, if we put in an order for 1,000 yards, they'll run 1100 yards and scrap 100 yards.

Purchases can be made onsite via PayPal. Colours are currently Green Alpha or Coyote Tan. We've asked Ottawa for permission to use CADPAT, but nobody there seems to know who has the authority to allow us.

The DriStore bag can be purchased separately, but only via direct email to us. If you wish to see it in person we can work out a "Try-Before-You-Buy" program. If you're based in Edmonton, check in with WO Del Badiuk with the 408th THS. He has two.

If you have questions and or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me here or through our web site.

PACRESGRU

PACRESGRU said:
Purchases can be made onsite via PayPal. Colours are currently Green Alpha or Coyote Tan. We've asked Ottawa for permission to use CADPAT, but nobody there seems to know who has the authority to allow us.

Talk to Matt_ Fisher. His stuff comes in CADPAT, ACU, and assorted other patterns, but no MARPAT... He might be able to help you find who you need to call.

Don't know if these were posted yet, I'm on dialup so I didn't want to waste the hours it would take for me to go through 10 pages.

Arc'teryx has a law enforcement and military site up, http://leaf.arcteryx.com/ ... which has some pretty sweet stuff.

As well, there's an oakley website for law enforcement and military, https://www.oakleyforces.ca/

Back