• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Engineering Competition and the strong presence of the Canadian Forces

chk2fung

Inactive
Reaction score
The Ontario Engineering Competition(OEC) is held annually as an event for undergraduate engineering students across Ontario to showcase their talents in a fun and professional environment.

This past weekend the 2005 OEC was held at the University of Waterloo and teams representing accredited engineering schools across Ontario participated in seven categories.  These were, Editorial Communications, Explanatory Communications, Parliamentary Debate, Corporate Design, Entrepreneurial Design, Junior Design, and Senior Design.  The top two finishers in each category will represent Ontario at the Canadian Engineering Competition being held at the University of Calgary in March.

I would like to congratulate the Canadian Forces for there strong contributions to the OEC.  The Canadian Forces and the 31 Combat Engineering Regiment were generous sponsors of the event.  The teams representing The Royal Military of College did exceptionally well.

As one of the organizers of the Junior Design Competition, I was extremely impressed by the RMC members' creativity, knowledge, professionalism, and ingenuity in their design and presentation.  They definitely earned their first place finish in that competition.  RMC finished the night beating out historical engineering powerhouses ,such as the University of Waterloo and Queen's University in several competitions.

To sum it up, RMC may be small when comparing engineering faculties but it's depth and quality meet or exceeds that of many engineering schools around the world.  This is evident in the strong showing at the OEC.  The quality of engineering at RMC helps represent the rest of the capabilities of engineers in the CF and the CF itself.  Those in the CF especially those in engineering should take pride in your leaders and your subordinates, as you are being represented by your country's finest.

Once again congratulations to RMC on their excellent results and thanks to the CF for their ongoing support of engineering.  If you would like to learn more about the OEC please feel free to contact me.

Charles

As a past 1st place winner in the OEDC Corporate Design category...I found it opened so many doors for me.  My team of four 4th yr engineering students from another small eng school, U of Guelph, submitted a design based on a "real" corporate scenerio.  It was amazing to take our project to the National competition.  Congratulations to all of those who venture into the unknown by trying to make the world a better place.

Back