• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT- Armoured to Infantry

tprJack1

Inactive
Reaction score
I just would like to get some opinions.  I am presently a RCD and am seriously thinking about going infantry, a lot of the guys think I'm insane but I really think I would like the infantry, more than anything I want the courses available such as the jump course and sniper course. I am planning after the tour in Feb to transfer should I wait until my initial contract is up or could I do this now?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I have only been in 2 yrs(3yr contract) and like armoured and the guys but want to be challenged more and am probably to old for CSOR I'm 36 now but in good shape.  What do you think?

If you are too old for CSOR then you are too old for the Infantry. I'm RCD too, and I also think you are nuts :) However let me tell you a story, I think it applies to your situation;
I really liked doing the infantry stuff from Basic Training and I got out after my first contract, when I got back in again Armour was a closed trade, so I went infantry. I was 29 at the time and while I really enjoyed the BIQ, my tankers knees couldn't hack it. Near the end the Armoured trade opened up and I OT'd back to the Dragoons.
Being a Private or Corporal in the infantry is a young man's game, some older guys like us do go infantry and do well but your joints better be in good shape if you really want to do it. Personally my advice would be to stay a Dragoon. Recce is great fun and has all the best aspects of the infantry job and almost none of the worst aspects. That's my two cents anyway, your milage may vary.
Cheers

thanks Jingo, I appreciate you comment, mabye Im just getting a little bored.  I better stick it out mabye we will bring back the assault troop one day, I heard rumours that C sqdrn is starting wonder if that would be assault troop again? another thread I guess.  Thanks

If your interested in light infantry why not go CSOR?They appear to be doing cool stuff and after 3 years if your body don't hold up you can go back to the RCD.If you OT to infantry you gotta go through the whole OT process in and out, if you decide not to stay.And believe me as a dragoon going through a similar process COTP sucks.

???

First off, "Changes are in the wind".  Second, I wonder at times why people post, without reading the previous posts?  Why didn't you just tell him to train up and go JTF while you were at it?  The topic of CSOR was already brought up, and many from the RCD have trialed for and some have been accepted to that unit.  I am sure he knows all about that option.  But what the heck.....

Back