• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ouch, thats gotta hurt (Video, Artillery Accident - Work Safe)

Taylor187

Inactive
Reaction score
I dont think this has been posted yet. Poor bugger. Does anyone know who these folks are?

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/kickback1.html

OUCH! He flew pretty far! :o I guess that guy will not be standing directly behind the gun next time around!

Man oh man now that gives a whole new meaning to a bad day at work . Do you know if the guy is alright ?

I find it hilarious that the guy on the right closest to the camera just casually walks away. You think he'd run to see if the guy was alright.

Yeah, I don't really understand why no one is rushing to buddies side. I may not be in the Artillery, but that looks like it could kill. one guy by the camera casually strides towards him, and the other soldier or 2 walk to him... It just leaves me bewildered.

I'm not familiar with that type of gun, but I am an inexperienced private in the artillery and it looks like it fired premature because nobody seemed ready and nobody pulled a lanyard. Perhaps a more experienced gunner could provide the answer.

It LOOKS like CADPAT, but maybe I'm off. The gun looks like an AT gun, but like I just said...I could be wrong. But yes, either way, it does look like an accidental discharge. Then again, I'm not a gunner.

Baloo said:
It LOOKS like CADPAT, but maybe I'm off. The gun looks like an AT gun, but like I just said...I could be wrong. But yes, either way, it does look like an accidental discharge. Then again, I'm not a gunner.

it almost looks like a German 2nd world war AT gun, a PAC 38

It does indeed. Ceremonial, perhaps? Too bad we don't have more info from the site.

I love the sense of (lack of)urgency displayed. It looks very conscript like to me.

Many other websites containing video suggest it is Taiwanese Artillery.

I was in CFBG on ex when the M109 next to me fired at loading angle. The round impacted a couple of hundred metres in front of the position, and the breech struck the No.1 during recoil and knocked him out of the back of the cab.. was an interesting day

Man, this gunner didn't follow the drill, that's for sure!! :-X

Did he have internal damages??

Other sites with video:
http://www.ogrish.com/archives/artillery_aftershock_accident_Dec_11_2004.html

Ah, good old ogrish.com.

Certainly one of the more..."scenic"...sites on the Web.

Back