• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Partnership with TestReadyPro (CFAT Prep Training)

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

We are pleased to announce an official Preferred Partnership between TestReadyPro.com (TRP) and Milnet.ca.

Please read on for an announcement from Chris Bedwell, President of TestReadyPro:

As a member of any of the Milnet.ca family of sites (including Army.ca, Navy.ca, Air-Force.ca), you can now access the most comprehensive CFAT preparation program available, at a significantly discounted price!

You can now benefit immediately from these training courses and learning materials, designed for your specific needs and learning requirements for the CFAT (verbal, spatial, problem solving) - including unlimited practice tests! Visit TRP now to register!

Better still, Milnet.ca users have access to exclusive promotional codes offering a discount of up to 25% on our CFAT, RCMP, Ontario Police and Firefighter Training programs. When registering, simply enter the applicable code below for an instant rebate:

CFAT: MILN008
RCMP: MILN009
PATI: MILN010
FIRE: MILN011

Thanks to Chris and TestReadyPro for the generous offer. Chris will be monitoring this thread and will be able to directly respond to questions or feedback on TestReadyPro's program.

Cheers
Mike

Chris here from TestReadyPro.com,

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding our CFAT training course, or any of our other courses.

There is always a great deal of discussion whether you need to prepare for the CFAT test or not. Quite simply, it is always an advantage to be prepared and build your skill set as required, so while preparation may not be necessary for some it is usually essential for the majority of us, particularly when it comes to redeveloping your math skills.

With that said, I would encourage you to take advantage of your membership in the Milnet.ca Family - you can use the codes above on our CFAT, Police (PATI, RCMP) or Firefighter Training Courses.

If you have any questions, please contact me!

Regards, Chris

Mike and Chris,

Thank you bot very much in making this partnership a go! I'm sure many of our members will be able to gaine valuable knowledge and insight from the website. BZ to you both!

Sorry don't agree with someone paying 199 dollars to prepare for a test that is based on Gr 10 English and Mathematics.  Perhaps this program works for the other tests but by practicing long division and fractions and reading, an applicant can pass the CFAT.  This is based on six years of recruiting so take it for what it is worth. In addition, there are many books in your local library, free of charge, that can help an applicant prepare for the CFAT just see the librarian for assistance.  One final point, it is your money not mine so if you think you need something like this and it does what it claims to do then all the power to you.

kincanucks said:
Sorry don't agree with someone paying 199 dollars to prepare for a test that is based on Gr 10 English and Mathematics.  Perhaps this program works for the other tests but by practicing long division and fractions and reading, an applicant can pass the CFAT.  This is based on six years of recruiting so take it for what it is worth. In addition, there are many books in your local library, free of charge, that can help an applicant prepare for the CFAT just see the librarian for assistance.  One final point, it is your money not mine so if you think you need something like this and it does what it claims to do then all the power to you.

Just remember $199 to you is like $20 to somebody else. I would not pay it, but I know some who would. Also, I think it is $119 and 25% off.

I agree with Kincanucks on this one.

$119 to practice for the CFAT is way to much! If it was something like $19.99, then it wouldn't be so bad.
Go to your local library, get a library card and take out a GED book.
After not attending school for 10 years, thats all I did, and qual'd for all trades.

The CFAT is nothing to stress about, and definitely not something worth spending $119 on a study program for.

JMHO

Have to agree with kincanucks on that.  Way too much for something a little discipline and time can accomplish.  The new CFAT guide availible on-line at Forces.ca plus a little effort on an applicant's part will save you the money.  That and a few basic testing strategies from the internet (like don't show up hungover  :blotto:).  This isn't the SATs or MCATs.

That'll be 20$ from everyone who just read this.  ;D

Crantor said:
That'll be 20$ from everyone who just read this.   ;D

How much is it going to cost me to have you deliver the 20$ to me?   ;D

I had a dyslexic moment and read that as "20$ for everyone who just read this".   

George, I also have a deal on assisstance for eye tests... ;)

>:(

Pattent pending !!!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/43026.0.html

You know honestly, let the people who want to spend that money spend it. it's not like they take any of our advice anyways. This'll make our jobs easier whenever someone wants to ask stupid CFAT questions over and over again.

"How do I prep for it?! What do I work on?!" Ad nauseum, just link them to the site and be done with it. Lock the thread and throw it away.

I wrote the early 90's version of the CFAT - passed with flying colours.  I qualified for nearly all trades.  The essential part of the CFAT which, I forgot during the test was "speed" along with accuracy.  I wasn't able to complete the last 5 or 6 questions on one of the parts just because I lost track of time.  My accruacy was very good though.

As for TRP -  I don't think I'd pony up that kind of dough unles it came with one-on-one time with a CFAT tutor/expert.  It's essentially an intelligence test and the best way to prepare is to hit the books and do practice IQ tests online.  Try www.math.com - it's pretty good.

J

I really don't think it's necessary to pay over $100 to prepare for the CFAT. I took the test recently and I passed with flying colors. All you need to do is buy a GED book (an ASVAB test study guide also works), read a lot, and you'll be okay. I know, people can do whatever they want with their money but there are tons of free tests online that you can use. I don't mean to insult these guys, I'm sure it could be very helpful to some people. All I'm saying is there's a ton of free stuff out there that can help you prepare as well. 

Though I agree with MedTech, it would be easier to just give people the link and say "here you go, use this". I've lurked for a while and I've seen a lot of CFAT threads asking the exact same question over and over again, and I'm sure it gets on people's nerves.

I used a ASVAB test study guide and a GED. They will have you over prepared and it cost me about $20 for the ASVAB guide.

To be quite honest, I personally took the CFAT in January and found no problems with the test.  I also qualified for all trades.  All I did was use common sense and look up a few IQ tests online.  Very easy stuff people.  And for those who "sweat this" test, all I can say to that, is I truly hope you are not joining/wanting to join the CF to watch and protect my back or others around us.  If you are worried about failing this test, you have already failed everything the military stands for in "my" opinion.  There is no such thing as NOT being able to accomplish something, and for those who fail this test, please think long and hard about wanting to take the test again.  This is the easiest part of the CF and it only gets more challenging from there.  If you are not prepared for the test, you are not ready to defend our nation, or fellow soldiers period.  Again, this is my opinion and I know others will agree with me, but also some will disagree.  That is fine.  Just please be prepared for what lies ahead of you in your career path.  Good luck and be wise. :cdn:

mciver said:
To be quite honest, I personally took the CFAT in January and found no problems with the test.  I also qualified for all trades.  All I did was use common sense and look up a few IQ tests online.  Very easy stuff people.  And for those who "sweat this" test, all I can say to that, is I truly hope you are not joining/wanting to join the CF to watch and protect my back or others around us.  If you are worried about failing this test, you have already failed everything the military stands for in "my" opinion.  There is no such thing as NOT being able to accomplish something, and for those who fail this test, please think long and hard about wanting to take the test again.  This is the easiest part of the CF and it only gets more challenging from there.  If you are not prepared for the test, you are not ready to defend our nation, or fellow soldiers period.  Again, this is my opinion and I know others will agree with me, but also some will disagree.  That is fine.  Just please be prepared for what lies ahead of you in your career path.  Good luck and be wise. :cdn:

I think I have to disagree with just about everything you wrote.  Those that "worry" or "sweat" about the test are generally the ones trying to prepare to be successful.  Glad to see you think you know what everything the military stands for, clichés and all, but I don't mind having someone who "sweats the little things" like the CFAT because more than likely he/she will sweat the bigger things that will be necessary to "watch and protect my back or others around us".

mciver said:
To be quite honest, I personally took the CFAT in January and found no problems with the test.  I also qualified for all trades.  All I did was use common sense and look up a few IQ tests online.  Very easy stuff people.  And for those who "sweat this" test, all I can say to that, is I truly hope you are not joining/wanting to join the CF to watch and protect my back or others around us.  If you are worried about failing this test, you have already failed everything the military stands for in "my" opinion.

This is by far one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard on this board. I hope you can rethink that post.

I agree with JJJ and Crantor.
The post is absolutely ridiculous!

Keep in mind that the poster hasn't even gone to BMQ yet.... ::)

I think these prep guides are a great idea.  Not only do they potentially give test-takers a more competitive score, they also encourage the keeners who are willing to work hard to prepare for something a further avenue to do their prep work; it also gives candidates something to do while they await their test date, reducing the "holy crap this takes forever" mentality.  This is sheer speculation, but I imagine these prep tests may also help retention -- I know I'd be more willing to stay with an employer if I dropped $200 for an aptitude test.

mciver said:

Excellent... I think you should tell all the police applicants who slave over an exam book the same thing. Sheesh... ::)

Back