• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Patches and Cap Badges

Gross

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I started a collection of patches, cap badges and pretty much anything military when I was a teenager and my collections grown to a decent size. Recently I've started to collect cap badges from the 39 Brigade in B.C. but I was having a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Do the 5th and 15th field artillery, the 6 and 44 field engineer and the 11 and 12th service regiments have their own cap badges? Or do they just wear their trade badges?

I found a lot of useful information on the DND site, but nothing about the above regiments
Any information would be appreciated
and my apologies if this was posted in the incorrect place

Thank-you

The personnel in artillery, engineer regiments and the service battalions would wear the cap badge of their branch, corps, or regiment.  Trade badges are not worn on head dress, but rather on the sleeve by pers below the rank of WO and indicate their specific trade and qualification level in that trade.

Artillery, Engineer, LOG and EME capbadges are the same for everyone, regardless of unit, Reserve or Reg Force.  NCMs an Officers have their own version of each capbadge though.  Infantry and Armour are the only ones who have a specific capbadge for each Regiment(as far as I know anyway)

There are also Infantry and Armd corps insignia, worn by certain appointments in the schools, and I believe by new sldiers before they are assigned to a regiment.

You can find all the cap badges in the supply system here:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/CAP_BADGES_e.htm

Back