• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay Deductions [Merged]

Hey everyone, I have read all of this thread but so have one question and may sound a little bit odd by asking. I am currently going through he process and have passed everything this far except for the interview which I have this coming week. I am wondering if during BMQ there are any allowances for people who have mortgages on there current house like a housing allowance or is it just separation benefit as I am currently married with two children? I just asking as I’m trying to plan my finances in the chance I do get accepted.
Thanks in advance!!

Unfortunately no, there is no housing allowance (never was) but what the policy used to be several years ago was a mbr with dependant and maintaining their principle residence were excused paying for rations ($500-600 a month) and quarters ($100 a month).  That policy was changed back around...oh, 2012-13.  Now even with your mortgage, spouse and 2 kids at home you will pay for rations during your training (the expensive part), but you will not pay quarters (saving of approx. 100 a month). 

And nope, I don't agree with this policy one single bit.

Ok well thanks for the information, I guess my next question would be how long do you pay rations for? Is it just for the BMQ or is it longer then that?

Went for my medical and interview everything has gone great! I have been put with a competitive file for both of the trades I applied for, also scored very high on my CFAT. My last question would be, during basic training does your pay go up as you go through basic training? Does it stay at the basic amount until after your have completed the occupational training as well. Thanks in advance!

There are no payraise after either BMQ and trade qualification, you will see a bigger paycheck when you get to your first posting and take off ration and quarter, then the first « real » payraise come at the first year of service then every year after until you max out/ get promoted.

The "Basic" pay level is not called that because that's what you receive on Basic Training.  It's the base pay for that rank.  Level 1 is the 1st incentive increase; Level 2 is the 2nd, etc.  As pointed out above, incentive increases occur annually, on the anniversary of the date you were first promoted to that rank (or for a private, the anniversary of the date of enrollment).  Once you reach the top incentive level, there are no more increases, except for promotion to the next rank or general pay raises (cost of living increases).

Back