• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poll: Ghosts - Real or not - Vote if you dare

Do you think they exist?

• Yes - from from personal experience

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • Yes - from family/friend experience

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Yes, I just think they do

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Perhaps/maybe

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • No, its all BS and you must have been on drugs

Votes: 11 13.1%

• Total voters

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Freaky unexplained things do happen.

Just was wondering how you feel on this subject. Vote if you like.

Also if you have a ghost story, do tell.

I don't like the "No" answer, it is too derogatory...

In Australia 'bonk' means to 'bump uglies', AKA the 'beast with two backs', ha!

Affectionatly or grudgingly, ha!

Feel free, but be warned I am 15 hrs from Vancouver via air.

EDIT: I am easy ;)

Wesley  Down Under said:

Vancouver ?

Sheez, feel free to go there whenever you want, it's a nice city!  ;)

Wesley  Down Under said:

Affectionatly or grudgingly, ha!

Only fifteen hours and $1000 away.

I have a story.

My grandma (my dad's mom) passed away in January of 2005 of cancer (she was 85 years old).  On the Saturday the last of her relatives, my mom and I, visited her in the hospital.  The very next day is when she died.

Added (I posted too early by mistake):

My dad likes to get up early and go to the gym before work so the next day, Monday, he gets up at his usual time of 4am.  Also, his workspace and computer are in the basement.  So he gets ready to go and at about 4:45 he starts to go down to the basement.

He opens the basement door and before he has a chance to turn on the light, he sees my grandma standing on the landing (roughly 6 steps down).  She gives him a smile and then dissapears.

The logical part of me thinks that his mind was playing tricks on him because like anyone, he was upset that his mom was dead.  However, the other part of me cannot help but feel that what he saw was real.  Especially since he was the eldest of 4 children and was always closer to his mom than the other 3.

$1000 from Vancover to Austrailia!

• cr***akes I'm going 'home' in May & it's costing me $960 & change to fly from Sept-iles Quebec to St.John's NL on a freakin' milk-run so I can save over $200.  :crybaby:

soccer08 said:
I have a story.

My grandma (my dad's mom) passed away in January of 2005 of cancer (she was 85 years old).  On the Saturday the last of her relatives, my mom and I, visited her in the hospital.  The very next day is when she died.

Socks, thanks for your input.

NO. I voted no they must have been on drugs ... hallucogenic drugs.

Probably the same drugs I was on when I saw my first UFO.  ;)   (Over Quebec one February morning about 0430 as I drove from R de L to Edmonston  :o ).

Sometimes things happen out of the corner of your eye that you cannot explain.

Wesley.  you forgot:  yes, and I was on hallucinogenic drugs or, maybe, drunk:)

Actually when we lived in the PMQ's in Pet, our neighbor, after a night of enjoying a few too many drinks, told us her PMQ had a ghost.  She would come home and the furniture would be moved.  When she was having a shower, her two big dogs would sit with their back to her(in the shower) and be growling at nothing not wanting to leave the bathroom.  And these were dogs, that when you walked by would act like they wanted to eat you, not  shy.  It really freaked her out.  She never told anyone, because she thought it was too strange.  And didn't think anyone would believe her.  Can you imagine phoning CFHA to get the ghosts out?  How LOOOOOOONNNGGG do ya think that would take? lol

Of course ghosts are real. Don't you guys watch Medium or The Ghost Whisperer?  ;D

Wesley  Down Under said:

In Canada, we would be more apt to use "boink" with the same connotation. We Canucks have an accent, eh. :D

I voted 'maybe" but there is this recent family occurence:

My cousins' wife works as a volunteer in the Fort Erie (the municipality, not the fort) museum in Ridgeway. Last year a couple asked her for some information on their home, which was an older building. As it happened, the house they were asking about was the home her husband had grown up in, but the main point is that their 11-year old son told them he had seen a boy about his own age appear in his bedroom. The boy was not threatening and gave the impression that he wanted to be friends with the son.

My niece, who told me this, was mildy amused and clearly believed that it was a case of an overly active imagination, and maybe it is. She was taken aback when I paled and said "Oh my God, Larry." Larry was my cousin who died of an infection in 1943 aged 11 in that very room in that house. I have no recollection of him, as I was a pre-schooler, but my mother spoke of him often.

I can't explain it.

Well, on the subject matter of ghosts and the paranormal. I guess this could be the place to let some folks know that Ghostbusters 3 is to be released in 2009  ;D

As for what I believe... maybe.

Midget

I believe so. Forget <b>Medium</b> and <b>Ghost Whisperer</b>, <b>A Haunting</b> is the best!

I'm surprised there will be a Ghost Busters 3, is Bill Murray going to be involved?

stryte said:
I'm surprised there will be a Ghost Busters 3, is Bill Murray going to be involved?

I do believe. I read somewheres that initially he didn't want to be, but I read later that he decided to.
But then again, I'm not sure which fact is fiction or not. I've read that it will be all fancy computer generated, but everything I've read is from the interweb.... hopeful wishing I guess.

Midget

My grandfather died shortly before my older brother would have any memory of him. A little later my dad sat down beside my brother, who abruptly told him that he couldn't sit there because it was John's spot. John happened to be the name of my grandpa, but my brother can't explain this because he was too young to remember it ever happening.

This story is always brought up when the family is reminiscing, and I think it's pretty compelling.

Back