• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible to switch?

PatchesJ

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been thinking of applying for the reserves. I am curious to know if it's possible to switch between army and navy? Since basic training is the same wouldn't I just need to take some courses?

Is it possible, yes. My netpo currently has two former reserve corporals and a former sergeant.

I would doubt you would have a former Sargent.......  a former Sergeant or two perhaps.....

While talking with my CFRC today (only a civvy employed by them though) I was told that it is possible to switch between trades/aspects of the armed forces, although only after your current contract is completed.

Duredain said:
although only after your current contract is completed.

If you had bothered to read the original post, you would have noticed that the OP had applied to the reserves and thus, has no contract to speak of.

I did read the original post; I assumed that Patches was asking if switching is possible after being enlisted, so that is the question that I answered. The other question that could have been asked (and the one that you assumed was asked), was if it is possible to switch before being enlisted; if that was the case I am sure he could simply ignore my post as it was not relevant to the question that he asked and that I incorrectly assumed he did ask.

Back