• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Post your scrim

i agree with 4th , scrim is pretty much useless in our operations. I have seen marines in Iraq where,if anything, arid cam net on there helmets, but thats about it.

Here's my scrim job, pretty basic for what I've got.
It is a cbt scarf and a potatoe sack sewn into a fitted net (which was once a laundry bag) on my British MkVI helmet.
IMAG0045.jpg

I only use it when there aren't any leaves on the trees...and it works quite well when I wear my shemagh.

I wouldn't use anything that absorb water for a scrim. Unless you want your helmet to weight a lot more when it rains... Had a friend of mine, wrap his scarf around his helmet on a winter ex. We used the old type helmet at the time. Only to have it rained on during the day and froze solid overnight. It must have weighted at least 10lbs.

I believe people tend to forget that the purpose of the scrim is only to break up the shape of the helmet, not to "camouflage" it. And because of that we use way to much crap on it.

That is why I have my scrim net on a drawstring. I take it off in the cold/rain.

I aquired an extra CADPAT camo screen, cut it up, and made it into my scrim. The colours are good, its not nearly as messy as burlap, and it seems to last longer then cut up T-Shirts. I also managed to get an NVG mount over it.

Back