• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRAISE FOR CFRC/Ds

At which CFRC have you applied and have had a positive experience? Please respond ONLY if you were r

• CFRC VANCOUVER (Victoria and Kelowna)

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • CFRC CALGARY (Yellowknife and Edmonton)

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • CFRC WINNIPEG (Regina, Thunder Bay and Saskatoon)

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • CFRC HAMILTON (London, Kitchener and Windsor)

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • CFRC TORONTO (Barrie, Mississsauga and Oshawa)

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • CFRC OTTAWA (North Bay, Sault ste Marie, Sudbury and Kingston)

• CFRC MONTREAL (Rouyn Noranda, and Sherbrooke)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • CFRC QUEBEC (Chicoutimi, Sept-Isles, Trois Riveries and Rimouski)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • CFRC FREDERICTON (Bathurst, Saint John and Charlottetown)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • CFRC HALIFAX (Cornerbrook, St John's and Sydney)

• Total voters
I was extremely pleased with my File manager and in fact all the staff at CFRC Calgary.  It took me 2 months to get through the system and everytime I talked to my File manager she was almost as excited as I was to tell me the news that she had found out.

All in all it was a great couple of months with no hassles or even worries about how the process was going.

CFRC Toronto people have been great so far.  They have been polite, informative, and willing to help me out.  They seemed to have forgotten about my application for a little while, but all I had to do was call them and politely ask them what's going on.  The man I spoke to was eager to help me and booked me for an aptitude test right there.  When visiting in person, recruiting staff were, again, polite and helpful.  I noticed that one recruiter was dealing with a person who seemed to be convinced that he was being brainwashed into joining the military, but the recruiter was very patient and explained things very carefully and concisely.  I appreciate their patience in dealing with potential recruits and think they set a great example for the Forces.

I was very please with CFRC Calgary, they were very patient with my problem..... I had to upgrade my chemistry for 5 months, and in that time they kept my file open, as well as contact with me.They also tried to get me credit for prior medical schooling. I was very impressed, and it was greatly appreciated.

The file manager I have been dealing with recently at CFRC Halifax has been incredible.
She has been very knowledgeable and very motivating.
Her information has been accurate and her people skills are awesome!

I have not dealt with to many of the staff at CFRC, but she is by far the best they have.

Alright my experience is a from 2001 (didn't read the first few posts), at the CFRC in Trois-Rivieres, I had no clue about the army at that point (I wasn't even aware you could pick your own trade). I met the recruiting officer about 2-3 times and we talked alot about my hobbies and what I wanted to do. So my initial selection was something like combat engineer, LCIS tech and cook. After a while he went back in his office and pulled out an information sheet for the communication research trade (wasn't displayed) which really fitted with what I wanted (except for the morse code part that we were both not aware of). The entire process was really quick, submitted my papers sometime in January and I was in St-Jean end of March.

CFRC Toronto.  Great experience, helpful staff.  I'm unable to comment on the promptness of my application as I myself had to postpone sertain parts of it, but I'd say processing time was pretty fast. 

So far I've had only good experiences with the CFRC in Barrie. My physical and CFAT was done on April 18th and my interview and medical are on the 3rd of May. Everyone is very helpful and one of the recruiters who is obviously from eastern Canada has me cracking up everytime I go there.  :) I will vote as soon as the process is complete.  :cdn:

Neither good, nor bad but a little strange for the Military I would think.

Applied through CFRC Kingston. App. submitted August 2004.

Attended Kingston recruiting, and was provided good information on my 3 choices.

On my second visit, I submitted the application, when I did, I expressed an Interest in Military Police on the advice of my father-in law. Even though my 3 choices were AVN tech, Aerospace controller, or ATC, whatever it's now called now and last was an Airframe tech.  The Sgt. still accepted my application and went ahead and provided me all the information for MP, another application etc. etc and the requirement to have a Police Foundations Diploma, which I do not have. The Sgt. was very informative and gave me all the info about getting in, component transfers etc. and was really beaming from ear to ear about my interest.  I went home and decided to do a one year police foundations program, which I am now about to enter.

The kicker was, a week after I submitted my application I call the Sgt. back and advised him that I would not like my application to be processed at this time, as I am going to attend school, and complete a Police Foundations Diploma program, and reapply when complete. He was more than happy with that, and said I was making a good decision, etc. etc. At least he is showing an interest. Hopefully he will be there when I reapply next year.

Then I receive a call, in November of 2005 from a Cpl. at CFRC Kingston. "Hello Mr. xxxxxx this is Cpl. xxxx and we would like to book you in for your PT testing, CFAT, would you be available on such and such a date?". Wait a minute, I am not proceeding with my application at this time, this was communicated to Sgt. XXX back on Aug. xx. "Oh, well then, it would have been nice if you called us and told us this." Very rude and condescending I felt.

The Sgt. down there was excellent, full of info, and was very encouraged, but the rudeness of the admin clerk....a year and 4 months later was a little odd.
Anyway, I voted. I think there is certainly a lack of communication t when something like that happens.

Apollo

I applied through CFRD Kitchener, in the fall of 2004, everything ran through very smoothly, and i have no complaints towards anything about my recruiting experience.

I wrote my CFAT and took my medical this morning at CFRC Ottawa, and I have to say that everyone was really friendly and nice, which impressed me since there were other candidates being pretty rude and impatient and generally acting like jerks and they just brushed it off.

The Warrant Officer who did my Medical part 2 was really, really great - he realized I was nervous about the whole day in general and it was driving my pulse way up and he gave me some time to relax and breathe.

Also, having all my tattoos inspected for offensive content was maybe the funniest thing that's happened to me in a long time, I think the W/O thought I was from another planet...bit of a cultural/generational gap...but he was very professional about it!

CFRC Halifax was 2 days booking me for CFAT/med/interview after receiving my completed CT application.  2 weeks later I wrote the test and did the whole sha-bang.  Well done I thought.

Now...the waiting for an offer... :boring:

I've just received my call, so I voted for CFRC Toronto. Everyone has been very helpful and I went through the process quickly.

Handed in application online in early April.
April 18-Did my CFAT and my medical.
May 3-Did my physical and my interview.
A bill came up on my credit check so my application was put on hold until I paid it.
June 19-Bill paid and file was sent to Toronto for merit listing.
July 18-Got my call  :)

I sent in my application to CFRC HAMILTON, Windsor Detachment.  Nothing but positive thoughts.  The staff was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable (I spent over an hour one day asking questions).  The facility was clean and brisk, and so far the process has been quite speedy.  I got a call 2 days after I sent in my application for my CFAT date, which is in 2 weeks.
Left me very impressed and in good spirits.  Hope the rest of the process is as fantastic as this.

Wow, I got a call today from the CFRC Detachment here in Windsor, and they were able to move my CFAT to a week earlier.  Great effort in calling me and asking if I wanted to write it earlier than originally planned.  I'm pumped now!

I applied at the CFRC detactment in Saint John, and everything has gone fine so far.  ;D The people were knowledgable, helpful, and really nice. They answered any questions I had, and anything they didn't know the answer to, they found the answer for me. They explained everything great. I have had an excellent recruiting process so far, cheers to the staff at the CFRC in Saint John!

Jake said:
Yup very nice, will have one of my own soon  :)

Sweet :D  Only tattoo I'll ever get, good old Canadian Flag.  Though I may get a map of Canada some day, who knows.  Anyhow, we should stay on topic.  Do post your tattoo when you get it though!
:cdn:

Don't you think that this survey is one-sided. ??? " Only positive results allowed"  For what purpose?

GUNS said:
Don't you think that this survey is one-sided. ??? " Only positive results allowed"  For what purpose?

Seek, and ye shall find:

PROBLEMS AT CFRC/Ds - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39587.0.html

Back