• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Thread starter bertram
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Ok I got the call!!!! I get sworn in on Monday. I'm going to be in the July 4th BMQ in Kingston!!!! I'm so happy right now. Thanks guys for all the support.  :salute:

Tbird said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Ok I got the call!!!! I get sworn in on Monday. I'm going to be in the July 4th BMQ in Kingston!!!! I'm so happy right now. Thanks guys for all the support.  :salute:

congrats T-bird....I was sworn in on Tuesday, and if all goes well is going to BMQ in Borden on the 27th of June. Hope every one else gets the call.

2023 said:
CANFORGEN 097/05 ADM HR MIL 020 201321Z MAY 05
CHANGE TO ENROLMENT MEDICAL PROCEDURE
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. TRIAL DIRECTIVE 5323-1(COS ADM(HR-MIL)) 15 MAY 04
B. TRIAL ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS 5671-2(COS CFRG) 5 JAN 05

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO ANNOUNCE A CHANGE TO THE ENROLLMENT MEDICAL PROCEDURE

BACKGROUND. AS A RESULT OF A REVIEW OF PRIMARY RESERVE (PRES) HR POLICIES A TRIAL WAS CONDUCTED TO DETERMINE THE FEASIBILITY OF EXPEDITING MEDICAL PROCEDURES FOR PRES RECRUIT APPLICANT ENROLLMENT. THIS TRIAL INITIALLY INVOLVED THE PRIMARY RESERVE LAND FORCE ELEMENTS AND THE RECRUITING AND MEDICAL ASPECTS CONTROLLED BY ADM(HR-MIL). UNDER THIS TRIAL APPLICANTS WOULD BE ENROLLED INTO THE PRES AFTER BEING DEEMED MEDICALLY FIT BASED ON THE MEDICAL PART 2 WHILE PENDING FINAL MEDICAL PART 3 APPROVAL

TRIAL ANALYSIS RESULTS CONCLUDED THAT THE RISK OF ENROLLING A MEDICALLY UNFIT APPLICANT WAS MINIMAL AND ACCEPTABLE. ANY APPLICANTS SUBSEQUENTLY FOUND TO BE UNFIT ON THE MEDICAL PART 3 WILL BE RELEASED UNDER QR AND O 15.01 ITEM 5E (IRREGULAR ENROLLMENT). THIS PROCEDURAL CHANGE HAS NOW BEEN ADOPTED ON A PERMANENT BASIS FOR ALL PRES APPLICANTS AND WILL BE ADOPTED FOR ALL REGULAR FORCE APPLICANTS EFFECTIVE 1 JUNE 05. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO CIC APPLICANTS. THE EXTENSION OF THIS PROCEDURE TO CIC APPLICANTS IS CURRENTLY THE SUBJECT OF ONGOING CONSIDERATION

Wow , that just blows my mind.

So if an applicant is found to be unfit on the medical part 3, can they appeal the decision?

congratulations T-bird!!!! I'm still waiting but hearing that some one got in has given me hope. :)

9R Domestic said:
Wow , that just blows my mind.

So if an applicant is found to be unfit on the medical part 3, can they appeal the decision?

They will be released and if they can provide proof that medical condition has been rectified then they can reapply.

Well when I went in for my medical I filled out this medical questionaire first then my blood pressure was taken and I was weighed. Then I went in this small booth to test my hearing. You just put on the head phones and the doctor gives you this little clicker and you click it every time you hear the noise. Then you do a colour blind test; you just look at a bunch of colour pictures of numbers and just say the number that you see. Then they check your eyesight; you just read from a standard eye chart while blocking one of your eyes. Then they give you a plastic cup; go piss in it. Then I went in another office and the doctors asks you alot of questions about your medical history; like any broken bones or concussions. Now I read in other threads that you have to strip to your underwear but he only told me to take off my shirt, he just puts a  stephascope on varries parts of your back and chest and asks you to breath in and out. Then he checks the mobility of all your limbs; like he'll hold onto your wrist and ask you to pull back and to push foreward, oh and he also hits you in the knees with that little hammer. Then he puts some device in your ears for a second; probably just to check if you have an ear infection or whatever. Then you open your mouth and he puts the wooden stick in there and you say ahhhh. He also tells you to move your head to the left and right and forward and back. I think thats all of it. Hope that helps

Come on guys....after eight pages, we are still getting the same questions and the same answers....do some reading before posting a question!

SoF said:
Well when I went in for my medical I filled out this medical questionaire first then my blood pressure was taken and I was weighed. Then I went in this small booth to test my hearing. You just put on the head phones and the doctor gives you this little clicker and you click it every time you hear the noise. Then you do a colour blind test; you just look at a bunch of colour pictures of numbers and just say the number that you see. Then they check your eyesight; you just read from a standard eye chart while blocking one of your eyes. Then they give you a plastic cup; go piss in it. Then I went in another office and the doctors asks you alot of questions about your medical history; like any broken bones or concussions. Now I read in other threads that you have to strip to your underwear but he only told me to take off my shirt, he just puts a   stephascope on varries parts of your back and chest and asks you to breath in and out. Then he checks the mobility of all your limbs; like he'll hold onto your wrist and ask you to pull back and to push foreward, oh and he also hits you in the knees with that little hammer. Then he puts some device in your ears for a second; probably just to check if you have an ear infection or whatever. Then you open your mouth and he puts the wooden stick in there and you say ahhhh. He also tells you to move your head to the left and right and forward and back. I think thats all of it. Hope that helps

No blood drawn eh? Me neither of course the mods will have you believe its part of the process. But Im just a one hook what do i know.

Tbird said:

Whooo hoooo! Congrats!

regarding that canforgen note, I spoke to the recruiting centre about it last week. They told me that it only applies to people  who had no issues at all with their pt and medical exams. If you had any difficulties with either of those, then you will still have to wait for the medical part 3 before going to bmq.

Got sworn in today  ;D  I'm supposed to go back on Wednesday to be issued some gear and get my i.d.  Everyone was so nice and welcomed me to the forces. I must've said thanks 20 times!! lol I was so excited...still am...feels great.

I have a message in with the medical officer at the recruiting centre. When I phoned for an update I was told that because it's been over one month since they sent my file to Borden, I have to speak to a medical officer so that they can enquire with Borden what's up with my file! :crybaby: I'm losing hope that I will be going to bmq June 28.

NavComm said:
I have a message in with the medical officer at the recruiting centre. When I phoned for an update I was told that because it's been over one month since they sent my file to Borden, I have to speak to a medical officer so that they can enquire with Borden what's up with my file! :crybaby: I'm losing hope that I will be going to bmq June 28.

ahh hope everything goes well, don't worry if you don't get in this year, there is always next year.  :)

Thanks Mystic, I am still hoping it gets sorted out in time. I have put in for my (tentative) leave of absence but if I don't get word this week my boss will probably cancel it to give my replacement time to find other work!

When i had my med, they looked at my first choice AVN Tech, and did the med.

During the interview the Captain told the med staff to make sure i got the paperwork for Aircrew Med since my second choice was AC OP.

Just incase someone else is in the same situation, so you can save some time.

Hey Navcomm any news yet?
As for me I'm off to do Pre-BMQ June 26th at Kingston. Then BMQ starts July 4th. I almost have all my kit, got my i.d. and tags. I've been helping out with my unit the past week and it's been awesome. Already learned some cool stuff.  ;D

Tbird said:
Hey Navcomm any news yet?
As for me I'm off to do Pre-BMQ June 26th at Kingston. Then BMQ starts July 4th. I almost have all my kit, got my i.d. and tags. I've been helping out with my unit the past week and it's been awesome. Already learned some cool stuff.  ;D

That's great TBird! I haven't had any word yet. The recruiter told me not to worry though because even if I miss bmq this year I will still get sworn in and put to some good use at the unit until the next bmq in April 2006. :D I'm just hoping this delay doesn't mean I'm going to receive a letter saying I'm not accepted!  :crybaby:

Some of you may remember me from last summer. My situation has changed slightly, and now I am here once again to ask the advice of anyone who knows more then me, and I know very little on this matter.

Last year i marched down to my local CFRC and asked to enlist in the canadian reserve's. they said OK and gave me a date to take the CFAT and do the interview. After all was said and done, i had Pretty good CFAT results, and a nicely done interview. But i was rejected none-the-less due to the fact that i am a total moron. Here is my big problem. December of 2003, big party. Of course, Im seventeen and stupid, So i munch on a mushroom (not some..one) and yes, Its a drug, a bad one, and im stupid..moving along. The Captian doing the interview completed the interview knowing of my use (i said i had tried it once before, about 9 months ago) and he didnt even blink, just nodded. And then when the interview was over, he told me to come back in january 2007 and said nothing more.

Now...its been about 1.5 years since the use (the waiting time from last use is 3 years) and im still going to wait a few more months before i go re-apply (im getting surgury done on my jaw and blah blah i wont be able to talk or eat for a while) so it may very well be a full 2 years since i did the drug.

My situation has changed however. Im no longer interested in just the reserves, and im no longer "wondering" if i want to do this. Im sure i want to do this, and i fully intend to stay with the military untill i retire. So the reserves isnt a very good place for me, So im going to join Full Time. Im in good physical condition, no health issues, and alot of people think im made for the army.

here is where I need your help. Am i just pissing in the wind, waisting my time, barking up the wrong tree. Will my past drug use keep me out of the military, both now and even after the waiting period. Will they let me do basic, then leave it at that, No unit, no chance to further train, No chance to really DO anything with my carrer. ?? How screwed up am I from my past drug use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back