• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prince Harry to AFG Instead?

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
If he's not going to be safe in IRQ, is it realistic to assume he'll be safe in AFG?  Or just a smaller target?

Shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act.

PRINCE HARRY: Royal will go to war in Afghanistan
By Ryan Sabey and Dan Evans, News of the World (UK), 20 May 07
Article link

Harry WILL be sent to war after all—in strife-torn Afghanistan.

But army chiefs will impose a blackout on his movements after a huge military row over his Iraq ban.

A close friend revealed: "Harry would do anything to get on the plane to Afghanistan, he's disappointed that he didn't see action in Iraq.

"His trip will be shrouded in secrecy. He will disappear. It will be a case of smoke and mirrors. There are many options available to stop people finding out.

Scrapped

"This is one reason why Harry hasn't quit the army. He's been told his dream of serving his country is still very much alive."

The News of the World has information about the new plans for him to serve in Afghanistan, but is withholding key details.

General Sir Richard Dannatt, Chief of General Staff, was furious when 22-year-old Harry's deployment in Iraq had to be scrapped.

His office blames the dog-fight between media handlers at Clarence House and the Ministry of Defence for the constant leaks about Harry's military career.

Despite reports that he was a sniper target, we can reveal the real danger in Iraq was even more serious. Intelligence chiefs warned that to be sure of getting Harry, insurgents planned to hit BOTH British camps in Basra with chlorine bombs, which kill victims by burning their lungs.

Instead Harry is set to be posted to Afghanistan before Christmas and could be seconded to join a NATO command unit.

It is seen as a safer option because Nato troops are scattered throughout Afghanistan and Harry could serve at any one of a large number of locations.

The prince will be carrying out ‘low-risk' operations but will earn his first campaign medal after serving for 30 days.

It is thought the tour will only be revealed when he is safely back in Britain to make sure Taliban fighters have no chance of finding him.

Medals

A senior army source said: "He will probably serve as a very junior watchkeeper, possibly working through the night.

"He would be totally out of the way but it is an important operational role."

Another source said: "The MoD know Harry is not the sort of bloke to sit idle while his mates are serving on the front line. They will come back with medals from Iraq and he wouldn't like not being decorated."

But army chiefs will impose a blackout on his movements after a huge military row over his Iraq ban.

They're hoping to skip the step of having the western media draw the big bullseye around him.

I see him sitting at ISAF. Too bad they cant let him lead troops.

First thing the poor bugger should do is dye his hair.

As to the media and the paparazzi.............I guess it is all about the picture and the headlines  :rage:

tomahawk6 said:
I see him sitting at ISAF. Too bad they cant let him lead troops.

That's what I find the crappiest part of this - the price he pays for the family he's born to is not being able to do what (from all accounts I can find) he could be VERY good at.

Mind you, I wonder how many of the brave paparazzi would be as brave in Taliban country as they are in an urban centre with lots of police around?

hmmm I say, dye his hair, grow a mustache et voila! Instant make over. Wear a Laurence of Arabia head dress hop into his armoured vehicle, and he'd be set to lead the charge!

Hi Ho SILVER!

They can always send him on a Falklands 'show the flag' mission...  :p

Back