• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prior application and service - records?

blogginsJ

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering applying to the Reg Force, and have two questions.

In 1990 I served in the Reserves, and left, everything was fine, for about 6 months. Is my record still "out there"? How would I obtain a copy of my file?

In the mid 90's I went through a difficult period due to a family member's death. I took anti-depressants for about 8 months.

After 9/11, I applied to the Forces again, was medically unfit. Fought hard, couldn't make it turn around.

Is my application still "out there"? It's been 8 years. When do they get destroyed? I had a high-ranking person tell me to wait 3 or 4 years, and not disclose the medical issues, as the file was shredded after three years. Honestly.

What is the truth? I want back in!

NFLD Sapper said:
Something smells rotten in what that person told you IMHO.

I agree.  Not to mention, failing to disclose medical information (or any info) will lead to release for irregular enrollment.

Sure, it's not "right". The person who advised me was a senior officer, and one who would know. I was shocked.

But apart from the ethics of the issue.

When do your files get shredded? 3 years after a failed application? When?

Your recruiting file (incld Med Docs) if left "Dead" are shredded after 3yrs.

However your Electronic record, and anything that has been scanned and sent to Ottawa has NOT been destroyed.

My advice always tell the truth and the chips will land where they land.

Your records never get destroyed.After 31yrs out of uniform i have reapplyed.Service docs and med docs are in ottawa called archives section in ottawa explained what i needed and in 6wks recieved my files about 2in thick worth.On wed of this week i go to right my ecfat and interview.At 48yrs old it should be interesting to see if i can complete basic again and if i can get into the hull of an armoured veh 011 is my trade designate.

Back