• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PT test

Alrighty, I'll put my two cents in and make er quick:

Entry Test:
- push ups
- sit ups
- step test (stupid simple: you go up and down steps to a recording on tape that says 'up two three down two three up two three down two three' get it?)
- grip test (I think)

Expres Test:(for when you get to St. Jean to do your training)
- beep test (shuttle run across the gym with beep intervals that will become shorter as time progresses)
- sit ups
- push ups
- grip test

That's it :)   And yes, if you fail the entry test, you will not get in. If you fail the Expres test, the course instructors CAN fail you. Though often they won't right off the bat. They'll most likely give you a second chance to pass (with a couple weeks in between) and then if you fail again, well let's just say you may want to re-think your career choice. It is not difficult to pass, but don't just try for the minimum standard. Work hard, aim high!

And answering someone else's question from before: 12.5 on my last beep test. Going for 13 this year.

Cheers!

Is there a minimum you can get on the express test? Best I got was 8.1 over a year ago (June 04), but that was before I went really hardcore into training :)

Clipse said:
Is there a minimum you can get on the express test? Best I got was 8.1 over a year ago (June 04), but that was before I went really hardcore into training :)

8.1? What are you talking about? The shuttle run is whole and half numbers (ie 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, etc).

You can get zero on the shuttle run at the absolute minimum, min to pass is level 6 for men under 34.

Oh, well in highschool it was the beep test, so I'm thinking of that. Where each time you ran to the other side it be .1 so yeah, I guess this one is different from the one I did. Thanks for the info though :D

This has been mentioned in previous threads but during the step test try not to laugh at the voice on the tape. I did start laughing when I heard it but try not too.

BeadWindow said:

Needed that for my exemption.

Anyone ever done the PARE? I ran a 320 in that. I know its high but it was my first time.(RCMP TEST)

That PARE test is a b*tch for anybody lightweight. The damned dummy wieghed more than I did..lol (Niagara Police)

Back