• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Purchasing Goods

MJP said:
The FAM is the solid reference, we have to follow it.  There is no grey area.  This is a deliberate policy to allow RC Managers more options in obtaining low dollar value goods.  Do all of my buyers have the courses and DOAs?  Yes, but I have had people in the past working for me without the crses or DOAs that used Acq Cards. 

You sound like a great Sup Tech but you need to take the absolute this is the way blinders off man.  There are many ways to get things done across the board.  Most things in the CAF are not so black and white that it has to be done in one way and one way only.

I am not disputing that the FAM is / is not a solid reference. I agree with you on this. The grey area is in what's NOT said in the reference. And in no way am I attempting to discredit the knowledge and experience of those in this discussion. And if you knew me, you would see that i'm the last person who would put blinders on. But in saying that, I AM by the book. I know when to go by the book, and I know when NOT to go by the book. When dealing with public funds, the book wins. And I will defer to the most experience. When (in my experience) several Comptrollers, Fin Os, respected colleagues in high places tell me that I need these courses / training IOT hold an acquisition card, then far be it for me to "thumb" my nose at that.

and nor should you thumb your nose at it but you should consider that it is not a DND policy for acq cards, it was the policy established by specific mbrs to apply to mbrs they were responsible for.  In general I require card holders to have all the courses but made the exception for this one as they work directly with me as my 2IC and I know I can trust not to go off the rails.  As the RC Mgr I can do that as by the book there is no requirements for the courses, I held cards twice without the courses and no issues, and am comfortable with the decission in this case. Oh - and the higher level has no issues.

recceguy said:
Wow. Are we still at this?  :stirpot:

Always will be at this one..........

To hold an ACQ Card and last I heard, requires the holder to have completed the Expenditure Management course (ie 32/33/34), CDWT and also Green Procurement.  The only one who can waive any of these requirements is the local RDAO.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-1000/1016-0.page

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=17059

Not to mention, the need for a proper DOA and if memory services me correct, UU019 responsibilities in DRMIS.  I can't see a Compt Office giving UU019 without the three quals and if they do, something isn't right!!!!

recceguy said:
Wow. Are we still at this?  :stirpot:

It is only one of the most misunderstood subjects (finances and contracting that is), probably only second to how is the Supply system able to supply headwear that fit fighter jet pilots heads. 

Since OP hasn't come back to clarify anything, the discussion as it always does on Army.ca has evolved into some interesting PD.

DAA said:
Always will be at this one..........

To hold an ACQ Card and last I heard, requires the holder to have completed the Expenditure Management course (ie 32/33/34), CDWT and also Green Procurement.  The only one who can waive any of these requirements is the local RDAO.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-1000/1016-0.page

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=17059

Not to mention, the need for a proper DOA and if memory services me correct, UU019 responsibilities in DRMIS.  I can't see a Compt Office giving UU019 without the three quals and if they do, something isn't right!!!!

It might feel wrong but there as has been pointed out in this thread, there is no need for someone with an Acq Card to have any courses nor do they need a DOA.  Should they?  Yes, but at the end of the day you don't need it.

Back