• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for a Medic-Regarding Menstruation

Status
Not open for further replies.

recruitwannabe

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello:

First off I would like to say that I have been reading these forums for some time and I have always found the information on them to be informative and interesting.  I have applied to the forces and have my medical coming up this week.  My question is personal, but I have not found any information about it elsewhere.  Could a medic please let me know if there are any complications for doing the medical when you are menstruating?  Thank you for any answers!

You should have no worries about this. The medical exam does not involve a PAP or any other Gynie exams so it will not matter if you are on your period or not.

My only suggestion might be to wear a tampon that day because you do need to pee in a cup, and this would just keep "things" from mixing.

Good point, Pea.  For urine tests now, they usually give you a wetwipe to use prior to the test, to ensure the sample is not contaminated.  Other than that, I can think of no reason why it should be a problem.

Thank you everyone for your replies, that is a big weight off of my mind!  Now I can go back to just worrying about the interview part, lol.  :)

Thanks again!!!

Answered and locked.
I will send a PM to Old Medic to include this in the Medical FAQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back