• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

question of a convoy in a residential area

Koenigsegg

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question.
Seeing a convoy of MLVWs passing through a residential area always sparks my curiosity...

At about three o'clock to five after three today, I was on the bus coming home from school, and there was a convoy of MLVWs (some towing equipment) coming out of Midhurst Ontario, on Finlay Mill Rd.  Does anyone here know anything of this, and if you do, what is the reason?  If you can tell me that is.
Any sensible reply would be greatly appreciated.  Danke

Probably just a driver's course out of Borden. They have to learn how to drive in all conditions and on all roads. Likely nothing special. Just easier to take it through a sleepy little town rather than downtown Barrie.

Thank you.

Good enough for me.  It is not very often I get to see any military vehicle roll through my neighbourhood, so it was nice to see them today.
The trucks (or the first and second at least) had three people sitting in the cab, and the driver of the first truck had the golden "chip" or "cookie" on his black beret.  If that means anything.

Thanks for the response.

OH NO...the lieberal attack ads are coming true...

There are troops in the streets.

Canadian streets,

Troops,

with guns.

Oh my...the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

:)

Koenigsegg said:
Thank you.

Good enough for me.  It is not very often I get to see any military vehicle roll through my neighbourhood, so it was nice to see them today.
The trucks (or the first and second at least) had three people sitting in the cab, and the driver of the first truck had the golden "chip" or "cookie" on his black beret.  If that means anything.

Thanks for the response.

to my understanding if it was a larger gold badge on a black beret then he is most likely armoured. if however its a small gold badge on a green beret then he is a Pte without a trades course.

If I am incorrect in this assumption then please let me know...

cheers

Okay, so I take it they were armoured.
Like I said before, it was nice to see them out and about, very rare one sees that around Barrie, or at least Midhurst.
If anything tarnished my view of the Liberal party as a whole (not just the freaks that were on parliament hill), it was that commercial.

Thank you for all the responses.

Back